Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

kensei posted:

This was the most fun I have ever had at a baseball game: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA199510020.shtml

Preemptive shut up to all of you who were not yet born.

You were at the one game playoff? Soooo jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The M's are at .500 despite the rotation and their RotY candidate being on the DL. When they get healthy they're gonna be good :neckbeard:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Tom Gorman posted:

the yankees are good and cool this year and I figured this to be the popular SAS consensus. if you like baseball, this is the most 'fun' team the NYY have fielded since I can basically remember.

Counterpoint: if you like baseball you hate the Yankees. Because gently caress them. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk them.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Looking forward to this year's Yankees/Cardinals World Series just so all of baseball fandom can unite under the single banner of "gently caress at least half of the teams in this series"

The just will unite under the banner of "gently caress everyone that thinks 'gently caress at least half of the teams in this series' because gently caress both teams in this series loving duh"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Bonds was a doping cheater (and continued to be one after they started actually enforcing it, idiot) and should never get in

This is the worst most wrong opinion I have ever...

ZenVulgarity posted:

lovely overhyped slap hitter who gives a gently caress
:stare:
Well I never

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Gwinnett Winners

Gwinnett To-Win-It

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Some Numbers posted:

We started 2-8 before the injuries started piling up.

Smyly's been out all year. That plus SSS could account for things in those first 10 games. I still think they'll be decent if they get healthy, but the hole is awfully deep.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I knew about these guys, but I didn't know the name wasn't a coincidence. They're literally named after the Springfield team and that's amazing.
Excuse to post clip from the Simpsons? Don't mind if I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfTXQJbnXaM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The Mariners have finished May having won half the games this month. This is an improvement over their .423 record in April. The M's are therefore on pace to have a .577 record for June, a .654 record for July, a .731 record in August, a .808 record in September, and a .844 record in October. They will win around 101 games overall and win the World Series only dropping 1 or 2 playoff games. Math doesn't lie :getin:

• Locked thread