Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Astros still good. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off, I'm not used to being this optimistic about Houston baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Don't ever be optimistic about Houston sports, it's always a trap

Oh don't worry, watching this season has been incredibly stressful. Sometimes you get competent contenders, sometimes you get pissed-off little leaguers. I was there for two of their losses to the Indians and it was almost embarrassing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kirios posted:

Astros are up to a 98.6% chance to make the playoffs.

I have faith, the Astros will still find a way to break my dumb heart

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
'Stros have scored 8 runs this inning and obliterated the Twins' 6 run lead :holymoley:

Astros good

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Make that 11 runs, Minnesota is booing their own pitcher :laffo:

My man Beltran

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

John Wilkes Booth posted:

That rubber snake has cursed the team

Rally snake

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

PrinceRandom posted:

Jankowski gets his first major league win!

With a 16.20 ERA no less

Kirios posted:

I hope we never see him again.

:agreed:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Intentional beans are petty horseshit, but so is charging the mound. Take your base and let the ump deal with the pitcher.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Santheb posted:

What, a warning? There was no bad blood in this game prior to this, and its the first time they've played this year. This is because that rear end in a top hat doesn't like that Harper hit some dingers off him a couple years ago and thought he could get away with something here.

He wouldn't have gotten fined, suspended, anything. Just a dont do that again. Seems pretty bullshit to me.

I'm not defending Strickland, I agree with you. That said, charging the mound accomplishes nothing and hurts your own team when you end up thrown out and suspended for however many games, along with whoever else decides to throw a punch. Take your loving base and make him pay for it with runs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
https://twitter.com/ChronAstros/status/869329906513170432

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Julio Cruz posted:

Kyle Schwarber has over 300k All-Star votes :lol:

Seeing chicagoons profess their love for the fat baseball mummy was the best thing about last year's WS threads

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Timby posted:

Andre Dawson got ejected from a game against the ... Reds, I think (I was there, all of seven years old at the time), and because he got so pissed at the umpire he hurled like seventeen or eighteen bats onto the field before hitting the showers. :v:

Oh, hey, it was Cowboy Joe who tossed him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzmSdOIy-lg

Goddamn that's amazing :allears:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Stros win, Indians win

A Good Day :toot:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Why bother with the trash talk when SI has already foreseen this year's champs?

Whoa, let's pump the brakes here. If the Astros catch wind of any optimism, they'll remember they're a Houston team and promptly crash and burn. Be Major League Randy Quaid all season and only let your guard down after they hand out the rings.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Altuve's great and all, but the real travesty here is how Marwin Gonzalez isn't even on the ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

shadok posted:

Wait, how did I miss this?

I knew about these guys, but I didn't know the name wasn't a coincidence. They're literally named after the Springfield team and that's amazing.

• Locked thread