Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Love to take a six run lead into the ninth, get two outs and still be sweating the outcome. Might be time to write off Matt Wisler -- and I guess the whole Kimbrel/BJ trade as salary relief cause the other major return on that was Cameron Maybin who was flipped for uhh, Ian Krol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Eric Thames: .326/.446/.761, 202 wRC+ 11HR
Aaron Judge: .313/.424/.795, 233 wRC+ 12HR

I like Judge.
Freddie Freeman: .378/.491/.811, 228 wRC+, 10HR

On track for another season that might win an MVP if he was on a playoff team

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

poo poo, I knew Freddie was off to a good start but not that good. Wow.
He had this weird slump at the beginning of 2016 but has been clobbering the gently caress out of the ball for basically an enitre calendar year. My fear is he's peaking about two years too early to matter.

They're still a bad team but it's insane how much the Braves' lineup has changed from the '15 roster of Freddie and seven AAAA position players -- Freeman is a god; Inciarte, Phillips, Kemp and Markakis are, at least for the moment, more than credible MLB starters; Flowers/Suzuki will regress to garbage at the C but are both hot right now; Garcia is not entirely embarrassing until Ruiz is ready and Swanson is slumping but not in a way that raises a real red flag about his future. Several of those guys are stopgaps but I think they're adequate at least for the goal of putting a major league team on the field to open SunTrust.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hmm wonder how this post from 24 hours ago holds up

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

[...] Might be time to write off Matt Wisler [...]

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
Wisler 1.1 4 3 3 2 1 0 32-20 12.60

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

I really don't see the benefit of trotting him back out to mop up tonight or really keeping him up on the big league squad, now even if they send him down they'll have to extend him back out to starting again, or else just make him long relief permanently. Sims is next in line for starts if anyone gets hurt, and probably Newcomb after that or even Max Fried if they want to expedite him. (Aaron Blair's looked like poo poo so far though, he might be washing out too.)
Yeah, even if the guy has some talent left he's just getting his brain broken every time he goes out there. Put him on the market for one of those change-of-scenery trades where teams swap two dudes who appear to have zero value but might get a jumpstart on a new team.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/861024183282749441

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/MarcCarig/status/861235214575697927

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

The Braves picked up another lovely bench player today, acquiring Danny Santana from the Twins. In return, they sent over one of their many lovely bullpen arms tucked away in AAA and a little cash.
Saw an alert, was wondering who those were.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kent Hrbek framed a black man for a crime he didn't commit.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/clarkspencer/status/863589375464136704

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

La Russa's the most overrated manager in MLB history.
Tony La Russa Baseball II was dope though. I spent so goddamn long editing in up-to-date rosters and stats as a kid.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The dumb advanced version of a dumb stat I was thinking of recently is the Quality Start Plus: add a + for each inning beyond six or earned run fewer than three. A CGSO becomes a QS++++++.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Initial x-rays on Freeman's hand inconclusive, headed for another round of them tomorrow.
UGGGH I'm gonna have nightmares

Decent chance poo poo pops off tomorrow in the series finale. Summary of today's drama is: Freeman gets hit on the heel of his back hand in the fifth, the impact was loud enough that it was initially called a foul ball and he leaves the game. (This is the seventh Brave hit in their three games against the Jays). Foltynewicz hits Travis around the knee with the first pitch of the next inning, but nobody loses their poo poo and life goes on. Inciarte gets brushed back an inning or two later by a reliever and gives the guy a look but really it just seems like a bad pitch from a bad pitcher. Bautista socks one (a solo shot to make it 8-4 late) and gives a big stare and flip; Jace Peterson (who took Freddie's spot) says something as he rounds first and Bats looks for a second but keeps going. Suzuki confronts him at the plate, Bautista actually kinda looks like he's a little chagrined and is signaling to Suzuki that he's taking responsibility for it but the benches empty. No punches, no ejections and the game finishes without further incident.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MRI, CT scan for Freddie tomorrow

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That was my first impression of what Pillar said on the replay last night but nobody made a thing of it at the time so I figured it was "what the gently caress" or something.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Don't seriously hurt anybody tonight but otherwise I'm down for whatever Barves. They're Freddie-less for the next what, 50-60 games and might win 15 of those? Get your entertainment while you can.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Braves are .500 without Freddie, everything's gonna be fine.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

PIT@ATL has resumed and is now tied in the bottom of the 7th, if anyone stlll cares.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

N: Josh COllmenter sucks

v: he should be on a team that isn't mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Who's everybody's bad team token for the ASG? With the Braves, Freddie's hurt, Julio kinda sucks. Ender? Don't laugh -- Tyler Flowers?

• Locked thread