Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

I don't think many of us here think he was trying to injure Harper, just that his reason for doing this is so blindingly stupid as to make it indefensible. MLB pitchers are good enough that they can put a ball between a guys numbers and "send a message" or whatever they're trying to do, and clearly not be trying to injure the guy.

The ironic thing is that most injuries that happen from HBPs are just balls thrown inside that get away from the pitcher and hit a hand or forearm, and that of course should not be punished except by awarding the base (I'm still sorry about Springer last year guys)>

Whether he was trying to injure Harper or not doesn't matter in this instance. You see guys break their hands on fastballs that aren't meant to be bean balls because a ball thrown at 98 MPH is actually really hard to get out of the way of. All it takes is Harper making a check swing and he could have taken that bean ball in a bad spot and be out for half a season. Strickland doesn't get to decide how Harper reacts to the pitch. It's like if I punch you when you're not expecting it and you pass out it doesn't matter that I wasn't intending to knock you out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

It's a lot more reasonable than the NL, though Castro definitely shouldn't be starting over Altuve.

Wrong

• Locked thread