Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I'm just glad the Jays finally aren't the ones involved in some big dumb feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Probably just wouldn't shut the gently caress up about Qualcomm.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

The Jays have added Russell Martin to the 10 day DL with a shoulder injury. I forgot how lucky they had been with injuries the last few years, I guess this is it all just evening out. Sucks for it to happen all at once though, especially when they've been struggling for wins

That's a huge blow to the eight people who think the Jays have a chance.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 8, 2017

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

*tapping side of head with finger* The Jays can't do a fire sale if all their players are on the DL.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/862753419773325314

>>>>>>>> When your high performance department is just too drat good

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

patonthebach posted:

Its not the craziest one ever. Goins has hit the ball well in the past few weeks,

I mean, he's hit a lot of singles lately, but Ryan Goins has literally never been good, ever, and he's 29. I think he's one of the better utility infielders around but that's pretty much all he is.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Also, if you want the hot hand in there, Travis has been hitting 313/294/563 over the past 7 days.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Absolutely, I just think if you spent a night aiming at opposing hitters and showboating after hitting solo shots down five late you should be taken down a peg.

The Braves have been hit seven times in this series and Freeman's out two months. The Blue Jays had their chance to cut poo poo out.

You can't tell Aaron Loup to stop being a really bad pitcher, you might as well tell the sun to stop shining.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Aaron Loup absolutely should not be in the majors, but we live in an inherently amoral universe.

Also, I used to think Kevin Pillar's poor hitting was directly related to him being a huge dumbass, but I guess one can exist without the other.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

The actual rivalry was the Blue Jays vs my lifelong passion for baseball.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

The Blue Jays have a few handsome players but imo no one beats Marco Estrada.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Hey I know let's put Old Man Baseball in a position where he needs to be able to jump, dive and repeatedly make throws in order to do his job

Although, while I would never wish injury on someone, if he gets hurt then they can get him out of the roster and put in someone who is on the uptrend of their career rather than the downward spiral

Maybe Gibby's smarter than we're giving him credit for :v:

Bautista is hitting 288/402/603 in May. You really have to stop making these kinds of posts.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

You want the team's hottest hitter to get injured so that he can be replaced by (???).

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

It's a long season my guy, if the Jays still suck by the trade deadline there's still plenty of time for both Pompey and Alford to let us all down in the outfield in August and September. Bautista would have to stay good for a fair bit for there to be any real value in trading him.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/status/867397784076402689

<<<<<<<< When the backup to the backup to the backup gets injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

If I know Mike Trout this is the right time for him to reveal he also has wolverine regenerative powers and is functionally immortal.

• Locked thread