Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
To be honest, I'm just happy it isn't my team that are the crazy idiot psychos this year. I mean the Royals are garbage, but at least their not head-hunting right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

My wife and I went to a game for our first date. In like the seventh my wife shut her eyes, slouches down and says "I just want to see someone get hit by the ball" and as soon as she said "ball" someone got hit and she missed it.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Earlier today someone was talking about baseball savant. If you haven't checked it out yet do so. That site is bananas. I just learned that the two batted balls with highest chance to be a hit tonight's Royals game were Hosmer's sac fly (96%) and Gordon's line-out (95%). That is some not great luck.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Alcides Escobar is slashing .183/.220/.250 so far this year. He has the worst OBP over the last 5 years for any player who's averaged 100 games a year ( a robust .287). Good enough to be promoted to the leadoff spot on the Royals!

Oh wait, the chart I was linked to on that OBP thing includes 2017. Still he has more than a full season's worth of games on the next closest in games played to him that had a worse OBP (660-493).

Never doubt Esky magic heretic!

Good loving god this team is horrible.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Psssh, we're used to getting production from every spot in the order regularly instead of random...

*looks at Royals roster*

Yeah might as well let pitchers hit.

The Royals are so bad that to get my joy out of being a baseball fan I have to look for obscure poo poo instead of watching my team win games. Anyway, tonight's weird Royals things is the fact that according to hittracker the two longest homeruns of the season belong to Royals. Because of course they do.

• Locked thread