Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My first game was the second game of the Braves 1991 season. We walked up and got field level seats behind home plate.

I have ticket stubs I can get out, but don't recall much of anything memorable. I was at the game after Johnny Estrada got trucked, forcing Atlanta to call up Brian McCann.

Saw replacement players in a 1995 spring training game. Also the same game I got autographs of Herb Score and Bob Feller.

I cover prep games these days and see a whole lot of weird stuff.
- A top of the 7th where all three out were recorded at third base.
- A player gets hit on the rear end for a walk-off win.
- No-hitter when even the coaches weren't aware.
- Multiple run-scoring strikeouts.
- A team whose win was vacated because they were raided by the Department of Homeland Security the next week.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

After watching him flail pathetically at AAA pitching for a month, the Braves have released Ryan Howard.

LOL. The AP did a huge story on his attempt to get back to the Majors last week.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I hadn't seen it until just now and holy poo poo. I almost felt bad for Lonnie about 1991 until Jon Bois showed that slow motion replay where he clearly turns to look at Knobloch while JB continues to deny that he did.

I'm still too pained by that Series to watch after game five. I hadn't seen the Lonnie Smith piece until today and I still couldn't watch that portion.

As far as I'm concerned, the real enemy is Kent Hrbek.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Luke Maile is hitting .030 for the season.

How is that even possible?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I've never actually read it but everyone in the world seems to recommend Ball Four if you ask about baseball books. I should cross that one off the list.

Your post made me think of that since I've read about 4 baseball books too.

Ball Four is fantastic.

The Larry Dierker story Bouton goes to the Astros stands out. I have a copy of the book on my shelf and need to reread it.

The sports book thread always fizzles out quickly, but it's a joy for the week or so anyone cares.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

James Loney has asked for and has been granted his release by the Braves.

I guess when you realize you've been upstaged by Matt Adams, it's time to move on.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Gwinnett Braves are looking for a new mascot in 2018.

Because I have no originality, I've submitted Teamy McTeamfaces.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I don't have any wearable gear, but do have some merchandise from seeing a young Vlad Guerrero mash a baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

Keep waiting at the end of that for him to get mauled by a lion.

The best blooper reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPgKHMDxIQ

• Locked thread