Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Traxis posted:

The worst thing in baseball is God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch.

I can understand doing it on Memorial Day or the 4th of July, but why the gently caress do they have to do it every drat week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

So uh this popped up in the TFF chat thread

https://twitter.com/barry/status/869572620102094849

:wtc:

Somewhere, Awful Announcing is prepping a special edition of "Takes of the Week", despite the fact they DQ'ed Whitlock already because he was always the top one.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm still giggling over Buster's reaction. "Yeah, this on you, dumbass," as his eyes roll up to the sky.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Except the times the twins won the world series, right?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The NL Central is enough of a dumpster fire where the Cubs could definitely still win the division and pull a 2006 Cardinals.

gently caress, the Brewers are in contention and no one around here can believe it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RCarr posted:

I didn't realize he was a starting pitcher (probably because he's not), so I wasn't sure why everyone was calling for a punishment that is above and beyond what is generally handed out for this type of incident. Also, once it was stated that the intentional HBP was not provoked, and was just out of pride/spite, I pretty much agreed instantly.

Like, if you feel that the system is wrong, I get it, but that doesn't mean I should agree that this one pitcher should suddenly have the book thrown at him for every single injustice by a pitcher in MLB history.

What hurts more, losing your star player for 4 games or losing a reliever who isn't your closer for 6?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RCarr posted:

I guess I lumped you in to the other people who were in the discussion, so you're right. As to the "it's how it's always been" excuse, yea, but it's on MLB to address that, and until they do there's no use in complaining.

A beanball is a pitch intentionally thrown at a batter's head, though. This was not a beanball.

That's splitting hairs, and you know it. The long and short of it, Hunter threw a 98 mph fastball directly at Harper, and now he's sitting out for 6 games. When your catcher stands there and doesn't even try to bail you out, you done hosed up.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ComposerGuy posted:

Lol that the Astros aren't going to get a single starter via voting despite being the best team in baseball.

Same as it's always been unless you're a team from Chicago, LA, or New York.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Altuve's great and all, but the real travesty here is how Marwin Gonzalez isn't even on the ballot.

It goes by opening day starters.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Inspector_666 posted:

Francisco Lindor is leading SS by over 300k votes.

Which is still ridiculous, but that's not exactly a coastal city team.

Cleveland is totally a coastal team.

Coast of Lake Erie! :haw:

Point taken though, though I will also mention that they're the reigning AL champs.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

exploded mummy posted:

I vote Strickland

:allears:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

tadashi posted:

I dunno what you all did with all the good Cubs, but please give them back.

Nah :unsmigghh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I made a more appropriate version:

:five:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Craptacular! posted:

Waiting for the revelation that Mr Met has been Kathy Griffin the last few years.

:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shadok posted:

Blue Jays are the first AL team to reach 1,000,000 home attendance in 2017. :toot:

That's, uh, surprising. You would have expected the Cubs

• Locked thread