Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Paul Zuvella posted:

Why do people still try to name things via online votes. Literally everyone knows what's going to happen.

Gwinnett Dongs is thematically appropriate

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Jesus Christ. When did that even happen?

His last at-bat during last night's game - they just showed a clip during today's game of him probably busting it on the follow-through of a swing and then flexing his hand around in the field afterwards. loving sucks that they keep getting hurt :smith:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

That feeling of bailing off the plate only to have it whizz in for a strike is demoralizing

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

bewbies posted:

Being hit by a pitch is very clearly an assumed risk when playing baseball, it is not when walking down the sidewalk. This is like in hockey threads when people want players prosecuted for nasty hits - it doesn't work that way.

It does, sort of. Guys have been charged with assault for particularly bad hits. See the guy who clobbered the ref in a championship game in some lovely college league last year. There's been a couple NHL guys get charged for on-ice stuff over the years as well. The key thing is there's a different social contract in most pro sports so the threshold of what's considered an accepted risk is different.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

N: Jays have won 8/10 and are only 2 games back from the wild card

V: :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

iospace posted:

That's, uh, surprising. You would have expected the Cubs

Why? The jays had the best attendance last year too

• Locked thread