Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Explosionface posted:

Thread title owns

As I remember, someone investigated this as best they could once and determined it was bullshit/people were judging where balls stopped rolling, not impacting.

Ted Williams definitely hit the red seat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

will_colorado posted:

https://twitter.com/FanRagMLB/status/859257107039756289

what the gently caress is wrong with you, Boston

Goddamnit you loving fucks, get the gently caress out and stop making GBS threads things up for the rest of us. I hope they find those dudes and ban them from the park.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

the popes toes posted:

There's a rumor going around, a quiet whisper, that Jones will get a standing O when he either comes on the field or takes his first AB. That would rock pretty loving hard.

I saw people on SonsofSamHorn trying to get that going and it would be great if it happens.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

kensei posted:

What did he do?

He was salty about Sale throwing behind him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

NiceGuy posted:

He's been absolute trash all season but good lord, Kyle Kendrick: #4 starter is now the reality

I'd honestly prefer giving Henry Owens his 5 or 6th chance

Price is inching closer to being back, let Kendrick soak some innings then cut him loose when Price is healthy

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

N: Per Tom Britton of the Providence Journal. Red Sox Third Basemen are on track for a collective 69 errors this season

V: nice?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

David Ortiz has opinions about Bobby Valentine. Spoiler alert, he's not a fan. He also has opinions on Matheny's performance in the 2013 World Series

quote:

...I was locked in and the Cardinals continued to pitch to me. And I knew the reason. Their manager, Mike Matheny, was a former catcher. And catchers, in their minds, think they can get a mother------ out anytime. They don’t understand that when a mother------ is hot, he’s hot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Rays/status/864212920208699393
Francona is such an rear end in a top hat :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Holy hell, what a terrible call of that play. Not a single reference to the ball bouncing off the dude's dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

NiceGuy posted:

So the Red Sox are throwing 28-year-old rookie Hector Velazquez against Oakland tonight, ... was doing quite well in AAA (1.55 ERA in 29 IP)

He also has the worst K/9 of any pitcher in Pawtucket with at least 10IP, but he's not walking dudes either (20K to 5BB). Price is due back after one more rehab start so even if Velazquez explodes it shouldn't matter too much.

• Locked thread