Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Meister
May 12, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

loving :lol: at calling pounding shots until 4 am and then missing practice on the day before you're scheduled to start "having a few drinks on your day off." Harvey was certainly supposed to be going over scouting reports and coming up with a game plan on Saturday, but he decided to be a manchild and blow off his responsibilities.

And let's not act like there isn't years of history here, davecrazy's Harvey meltdowns the year they went to the WS were about him skipping/being late for practice.

Yeah I tend to agree, though the Mets sending security and actively antagonizing him in public makes him sympathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Hard to have much sympathy for someone who's almost 30, making $5 million a year while sucking and acting like a manchild. The Mets get me there though.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This seems like a fine line to be walking

(Not trying to start a Puig fight cuz I'd like to see him do well again, but...)

he's been doing ok this year

e: hmm he's at 0.0 fWAR for the year

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

ego symphonic posted:

He was always under team control for 2018, we just know the rate now.

The Nats beat writers seem to agree that the huge price tag also represents a show of good faith from the team w/r/t signing him long term after that. I think he'll go to the team with the biggest offer like every other Boras client (except Stras!) but this at least means there won't be any bad blood.

I look forward to seeing him in a dodger uniform

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Why is Arrieta dead? What happened?

Also, where the gently caress did Kershaw's slider go?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what in the world is going on itt

derek jeter was terrible and should never have been an all star

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Julio Cruz posted:

loving truth. Before 1998 (which is when he started according to Game of Shadows) he had 7400 PAs with a 162 OPS+, 3 MVPs and 91.5 WAR.

Yowza

If this turned into pages upon pages of Bonds stats I'd still read it

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

MRI, CT scan for Freddie tomorrow

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

That's to be expected after equivocal X-rays

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm expecting bone bruise and day-to-day for Freeman, if it was a hamate bone break they probably would have spotted it on X-ray without needing a CT. Then again the hand has a ton of tiny bones.

Subtle carpal fractures are quite often occult on X-ray. You're still probably correct.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nah, hidden I mean.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

drat that really sucks for Freeman

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

He looked pretty awful yesterday

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

bawfuls posted:

They definitely solicit ASG nominations before the season even begins. Andre Ethier is on the ballot despite being on the DL since spring training and currently having no timetable for return.

Whoa what year is it

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

Saturday interlude:

Y'all like dingers, right? How about a 475-foot Grand Slam from Japan during one of last night's games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jmzYUa7M0

:stare:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I can't see where it landed. Might still be flying.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

A few walks thrown in there as well

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Timby posted:

I had to laugh during the Cubs game yesterday when they were talking about running into Scott Boras while in Los Angeles and how he went on this huge rant about how Jake Arrieta is still an elite pitcher.

Um, Scott, I know your job is to get the most value for your client, and you're very good at this, but his arm's been dead for the better part of a year.

He's just upset his gamble to not sign a deal after 2015 has horribly backfired

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Timby posted:

Arrieta was still saying in spring training this year that he fully expects to sign a seven-year deal, and I remember last year he was telling one reporter that "aces get seven years" and specifically pointing to Strasburg, and after the first two months of the season, all I can say is :lol:

I guess last laugh is on us cause he will still get a bajillion dollars in free agency.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Strickland is a piece of poo poo and I don't blame Harper one iota.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

my god

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

That loving sucks for Trout.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Batters should start charging the mound after dramatic strike outs imho. If the pitcher's circular walk around the mound is a little too long.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

The all star game vote is retarded and I hate the Cubs. Thank you.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

My reaction this burn:

we are immune to these now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

This year's edition of Cubschat is much more entertaining.

• Locked thread