Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Joey Freshwater posted:

There's no way the stadium or team would realistically be able to enforce it except to ban them from the stadium until it's paid - then you have people bitching about free speech without actually understanding what it is.

I instead submit that they should have their pictures taken and posters be hung with their pictures and "I'm a stupid dumb racist" printed on them.

Intruder posted:

I don't really care for the prospect of teams being able to fine fans, regardless of what it's for

And it really does become a free speech issue if the city or state issues the fine

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

How about just a lifetime ban from Fenway, so you don't send the message that it's ok to shout racial epithets as long as you're wealthy

Realchat: You trespass the offending fan (as you would a field jumper) and offer to rescind it upon restitution - a donation of volunteer time and/or money to a qualifying organization.

In a perfect world, the targeted player also has to approve of lifting the ban... but things get gross and weird fast when you put a victim in a situation where they look bad for withholding forgiveness. Even still, you've avoided free speech concerns and demonstrated that racist heckling is as frowned upon as entering the field of play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

He must have really gotten ahold of...
https://twitter.com/RhettBollinger/status/859614879036133376

Oh. Carry on then.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

RisqueBarber posted:

Hold up, the Twins have loving TVs in their seats?

Why do you think the woman got drilled in the face? Darn kids these days, not paying attention (for 460ft HRs to deadcenter)

Real answer: It's an all-inclusive space with free food & drink (the cost is in the season ticket). IIRC they're surface tablets that allow fans to choose between different camera and/or network feeds of the game. There's no good scoreboard viewing from that spot, so it's pretty necessary for replays etc.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i think about the japanese video game baseball names like every day

:same: but PowerPros

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Waffles Inc. posted:

Are dugouts typically heated in any way or is the pitchers wearing jackets thing just a weirdo thing that's like, "well I can so I guess I will??" like footballers wearing that elastic stretchy tape that was trendy in the Prem like 5 years ago

At least in the newer parks, dugouts are absolutely heated-in addition to having the torpedo-style heaters that the NFL uses on sidelines. With that said, it's not like they keep it 68°.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
In today's 35-6 loss to the Red Sox, Joe Mauer came in to pinch hit for the Twins with a runner on 3rd and 1 out, down 7-6 in the 8th.

He worked the count full and struck out looking on a borderline third strike. He proceeded to angrily get into it with the umpire. When asked about it after the game, Joe was still clearly irate:

https://twitter.com/DerekWetmore/status/861347606634606593

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 8, 2017

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought thiswas a typo so I looked up the score. Turns out it was only 17-6 with a 10 run Ninth. Huh

Aaron Altherr owns

Having sat through the entirety of that poo poo, I'd believe essentially any number in the Red Sox score.

We all had 23 runs scored for the Santana/Sale matchup though, right?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

The Twins continue to inexplicably own Chris Sale and Santana was probably due for a stinker so sure, why not.

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/861307104069468160

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

rickiep00h posted:

loving rainout. loving Chicago. Stupid city. I hate it here.

Just kidding I love it because I've never been to two MLB in the same season in my life.

They're doing a True Doubleheader to make it up in August, which is amazing and far too rare.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Infidel Castro posted:

I'm headed up to Minneapolis for the Friday and Saturday games the weekend before and driving back to Milwaukee Sunday. Now I'm really thinking about extending that vacation an extra day and heading down to Chicago for this.

My understanding is that it's literally the best way to spend a day on the south side

disclaimer: anything south of Bucktown is "too urban" for me. Including Wicker Park.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
N: https://twitter.com/drivelinebases/status/863838011871469568

V: :aaaaa:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Berrios puts up 11Ks, allows 2H, 1BB in 7 2/3 IP.

Maquina! :mitt:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

And the play that saved the shutout:

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/05/18/1401995183/1495151341462/asset_1800K.mp4

:ssh: that's the least rangy of the Twins regular outfielders :ssh:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
e:^ :hfive:

Infidel Castro posted:

Brian Dozier.

:colbert: Max Kepler

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

rickiep00h posted:

Let me tell you about the Minnesota Twins, who would market a rock if they thought it could Be a Nice Guy and Mash Dingers On Occasion.

You rang?

(was not a rental at the time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Harper's only mistake was dropping the bat.

• Locked thread