Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

apparently machado just went off on all of the red sox organization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

NiceGuy posted:

The Red Sox are being assholes no doubt but lol if you really think machado is being anything but a whiny bitch.

'Why don't i just attack people with my bat then??' :qq:

Edit: removed the unnecessary 'wah'

he's not threatening to attack anyone with a bat. he's calling out mlb and their incommensurate penalties. a guy throws a 100mph object at you, he gets a game. a guy comes at you with a bat, he probably gets banned for a season or life. sure, the bat-wielder will likely inflict far more damage, but the gap in potential injury is not as great as these penalties suggest.

they need to fix it, and that's what he's calling out. at least in that segment. he's definitely calling out the red sox elsewhere in his statement.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 3, 2017

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh boy

https://twitter.com/JoeTrezz/status/860934690043297793

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the cubs' 'problem' is that it is may loving 8th.

seriously, we've got a long way to go. there's nothing wrong that a few minor adjustments, ousting anderson, and time won't fix.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

chris berman's wife killed in a car crash per nyp

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what the christ ian happ up

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/CSNMooney/status/863538531737755650

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

offensively, schwarber is doing fine and is suffering some really bad luck. his walk rate is up, his babip is barely above 200, his swinging strike rate is almost half of what it was in 2015 yet his k-rate barely moved, he's swinging at outside pitches less. dude's going to go on a tear with these kinds of numbers.

defensively, what did you expect?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what happened to adams? he showed signs of crushing but just sort of sputtered out? trouble against lhp too much?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

anyone going to the brooklyn cyclones' star wars night?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

gleyber to aaa

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

bring back fjm and the dugout

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the crazy thing about the astros is their best hitter's been marwin gonzalez. and he's actually suffering from bad luck.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's the timeline for that injury?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

harper is very lucky samardzija got blocked. he's the last person on the field i would want to face in a fight.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's wrong with murphy? i didn't know he was hateable. seems like a nice enough guy.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

harper's got style, even if it's cocky. he's fun and emotes and that makes him entertaining. and he's never done or said anything i disprove of, he just does it with his own style. he's a great character. this isn't that hard

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i can't remember. did harper even embellish/showboat his hrs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the harpers loving rule

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/869556298895040512

• Locked thread