Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Berzerker posted:

Instead of this "who is the handsomest" business, it would be fun to see a photo of the ugliest person from each team.

I'll start: Roberto Osuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Joey Freshwater posted:

Does anyone remember that site that had weekly or maybe daily updates of goings on in baseball but they were set to what were basically chat rooms or text chains?

I remember them being hilarious

https://web.archive.org/web/20061118132819/http://www.progressiveboink.com/dugout/archive/dugoutb6-28-05-2.htm

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Where are all the Giants fans to talk about how hot Kelby Tomlinson is? Sad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He had 24 PA's lol

that's 20% more than he had in the world series, it must be significant

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ring may be covered in beer cheese soup, use as identifier at your own risk

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why even bother having NL teams vote, it's going to be all Cubs and then every other team just gets one token rando

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

God how dare you

Edit: I say Javy with dark horse Almora as runner up

excuse me I need to change my answer

https://twitter.com/sahadevsharma/status/867863880772575232

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:siren: ATTENTION: CHICAGOONS :siren:

I don't want to keep clogging up the N/V thread with this stuff, so I'm just going to post it once. Once I get all the SAS Chicagoons' cell numbers, I won't need to post here to advertise anymore. :v:

We're having another meetup this Sunday (May 28) at noon at Links Taproom in Wicker Park. We've currently got myself, Poque, Popete, Explosionface, and Joey Freshwater attending, with Pancakes tentatively attending. If you want to join us, either PM me for my cell number or just show up at Links at noon on Sunday and you'll be able to identify Poque by his giant sparkling World Series ring. :swoon:

Don't forget!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

Yeah it was fun to meet everyone! I'm sure we'll do it again.

Wish I could have stuck around to watch the game. But instead I got a bunt single and scored a run off a former KBO league pitcher :smug:

never bunt.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Pretty much the only sane response in the whole fiasco, lol who loving carries a grudge over a batter doing his job against you 2+ years ago? Do I have to worry about Javy getting drilled in the head the next time he faces Strickland because he had the audacity to single up the middle in the NLDS last year?

literally the entire giants fanbase was super mad at Javy for having the absolute gall to be excited about that hit, despite it being because Strickland threw at him the last time he'd been up :jerkbag:

literally

so, yes, probably, since Strickland is a whiny fuckbaby

Poque fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 30, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/konner_88/status/869324282324758532

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

iospace posted:

I can understand doing it on Memorial Day or the 4th of July, but why the gently caress do they have to do it every drat week?

are you saying you want God to bless Russia instead? wow

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
in a vacuum it's funny to think about somebody reacting to their own inability to get somebody out with intentionally not getting them out again, but in Real Life trying to hit somebody with a 98 mph fastball is insane garbage

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bewbies posted:

Cubs fans should be embarrassed to even compare this effort to Royals ASG ballot stuffing

this is legitimately a disappointing effort

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Abel Wingnut posted:

i can't remember. did harper even embellish/showboat his hrs?

a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USC-pqLqsgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DQvctE4m0

The second one was close to fair/foul though so it's hard to blame him for watching

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That's nice, only the Yankees have two starters and the rest is spread around between teams.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
N: Harper's ban dropped to three games, starting today

V: How will they beat the Giants or Athletics now?!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

New Concept Hole posted:

This might be Anibal Sanchez's best bet on lowering his HR/9

I went to look for other pitchers for the NL and grabbed Jered Weaver

but then I saw that Mike Fiers is pitching as bad as he is WITH an 87.6% LOB (good for third-best in the majors if he qualified in IP), what's he going to look like if that regresses?? You'd have to hope that his 30% HR/FB ratio also regressed, I guess

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

I would like to nominate John "21% HR/FB" Lackey for the HRD.

he appears to be at 50% in the first inning, just require that to be put up on the scoreboard :haw:

(but that's a bit funky since he has given up two first inning homers on "line drives" so I dunno if that adds to the denominator or not)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

At least I'll get to see Fowler get his WS Ring and a standing ovation at Wrigley on Friday before the Cardinals absolutely grind up the Cubs into a fine powder and snort them. :unsmith:

Send me a PM, I'll stop by and say hey

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I made a more appropriate version:

now please make a Cubs-Fan-Homer.gif where he is wearing a Cubs shirt as he goes into the bushes and when he comes out he is in Astros orange

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

I just meant on TV. :( I'm actually pretty bummed about that I probably won't make it to a single Wrigley game this year. Maybe this will finally be the year I she'll out hundreds of dollars for a good seat at AT&T when the Cubs are in town.

maybe I'm in san francisco, you don't know me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Niwrad posted:

He had like a 70% FB rate going into this week. Anyone know what the record would be for a season?

57.3%, 2006 Frank Thomas, at least among qualified batters.

Gallo is also above that so far in 2017

• Locked thread