Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

remember where you were on this day, the day lester nailed a dude on the basepaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what's the kangaroo court fine for this
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v1345175383/phi-chc-lester-catches-altherr-stealing-second

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sale would have never thrown at machado if the red sox had a mature, veteran clubhouse presence like drake laroche

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Saw the White Sox hit seven home runs in a game and lose.

e: That was only the third time that's happened in baseball history, both the two other teams who hit 7 dingers and lost were both the Detroit Tigers.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 4, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i think about the japanese video game baseball names like every day

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is the gameday play by play feature behind the paywall on the at bat app? Or does it still free and just not work with my dumb old phone anymore?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Who else is excited for the kyle hendricks-starlin castro reunion

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Someone please post the Iconic Castro Bryant Throw

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Just wanted to say I had a great time hanging out with Inspector_666, Pancakes, and RD Mangles this afternoon. Let's do it again sometime. :cheers:

:cheers:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the hero the mets deserve, but not the one they need right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Well, there were the Lucchino Red Sox, who, the minute they decided they didn't like you anymore, would plant stories with Dan Shaughnessy that you're a cocaine-snorting, child-molesting communist who eats fried chicken...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

schwarber just dove into the stands on a foul ball to rob someone, what an incredible catch by my beefy son

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

Perhaps the Dark Knight has become the Joker?

I was thinking that Harvey would have some sort of dual nature, two faces if you will, but couldn't think of a good batman reference

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

eh tu, theo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

remember when the cubs were good at baseball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i guess the cubs took the you go we go slogan for fowler too literally

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wade
Butler
Rondon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

e: wrong team, birdbrain

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

impressive outing for new cubs superstar Eddie Butler

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 13, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's happening.gif

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

appears that jake arrieta is done

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if this is all an elaborate ruse and the real mets have been smuggled away disguised as oil drums like the end of The Road Warrior

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the yankees are cool now. The yankees fans .gif juggling guy is convalescing after he mocked a piece of industrial machinery and broke his thumbs. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you guy had a heart attack at a cockfight and has been stuffed, his taxidermied remains now hold a chalkboard at a sandwich shop listing the 25 cent topping upgrades. The really fat guy suffered a terrible accident in his baron harkonen halloween costume, and popcorn guy nearly choked to death on a swedish fish before stumbling into a vintage popcorn machine and suffering glass injuries. The kid being told how to tell people gently caress you by his dad is now running for mayor of new york.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is 2017 and we're getting a lackey vs arroyo game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

love to watch that big beef moon man wallop taters all over the dang park

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Appalled that there are hundreds of new posts and all of them are not about leurys garcia getting bonked on his noggin by a walkoff single.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

anyone have the hawk call of the garcia bonk

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

Cross her off the list, then.

take a look at this fuckin guy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Looking forward to the plucky underdog Cubs trying to steal one from the Mighty, First Place Brewer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we came so close to a jon "literally the worst hitter in the history of baseball, also not a lot of people know this joe but he can't throw to first" lester dinger today

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 19, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Psssh, we're used to getting production from every spot in the order regularly instead of random...

*looks at Royals roster*

Yeah might as well let pitchers hit.

gently caress YEAH
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v1204440183/hughes-and-coomer-call-travis-woods-home-run

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't want to alarm anyone in this thread, but a cubs starter made it past the seventh inning for the first time this season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Gwinnett Braves are looking for a new mascot in 2018.

Because I have no originality, I've submitted Teamy McTeamfaces.

they should switch affiliates to the Padres and become the Gwinnett Gwynn Hits

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wade davis finally has recorded earned runs :(

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

still not too late to make an iconic Costacos Brothers Jake and the Fat Man poster with Kyle Schwarber

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Andre Dawson got ejected from a game against the ... Reds, I think (I was there, all of seven years old at the time), and because he got so pissed at the umpire he hurled like seventeen or eighteen bats onto the field before hitting the showers. :v:

Oh, hey, it was Cowboy Joe who tossed him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzmSdOIy-lg

baseball fuckin' owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

order has been restored to the universe and the cubs are the shittiest team in baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Cubs went 12-15 in May. Quit freaking out when your team is 2 games back.

wow, just heard some reports that the Chicago Cubs have been disbanded, the players scattered to obscure leagues around the globe, and wrigley field razed for luxury condominiums in the heart of chicago's vomit and drunk guy loudly yelling at you that you're doing something that you are doing district.

• Locked thread