Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
How about just a lifetime ban from Fenway, so you don't send the message that it's ok to shout racial epithets as long as you're wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Poque posted:

I have literally 0 recollection of Pedro Martinez ever being on the Phillies :confused:

I was lollin' as I thought it was a troll post, because unlike bawfuls I have blocked out all memory of the late-00s Phillies. Who would have thought that one of the people from yankeesfans.gif was posting alongside us all this time?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

The Walrus posted:

what happens if a player is ejected after he hits a home run, but before he reaches home?

Out

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Popete posted:

Nothing feels better than warm piss splashback on your bare legs.

Do you...get piss splashback on your pants???

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Who loving asked Schilling for his opinion anyway?

NiceGuy posted:

Jesus christ Curt gently caress the gently caress off

Why couldn't Randy Johnson have helped us break the curse instead

Seems like you guys got exactly the right person for the job, actually :v:

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 5, 2017

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Timby posted:

They changed the rule back in 2008 or 2009 to allow pitchers to wear jackets on the bases. They're the only players who are allowed to do so.

That has been allowed for a looooooot longer than that. Like since the 90s at least.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
loving :lol: at calling pounding shots until 4 am and then missing practice on the day before you're scheduled to start "having a few drinks on your day off." Harvey was certainly supposed to be going over scouting reports and coming up with a game plan on Saturday, but he decided to be a manchild and blow off his responsibilities.

And let's not act like there isn't years of history here, davecrazy's Harvey meltdowns the year they went to the WS were about him skipping/being late for practice.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Something called a "Brett Eibner" is taking Toles' place on the 25 man

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Hey, at least Puig's dumb off-field decisions haven't cost him months and months of playing time and threatened to permanently reduce his effectiveness as a baseball player.

This seems like a fine line to be walking

(Not trying to start a Puig fight cuz I'd like to see him do well again, but...)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Lol, Tebow's upside is not Willie Bloomquist. He can barely keep up with kids almost a decade younger than him in A ball. He's going to get slaughtered in AA.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Gas this thread

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Intruder posted:

Speaking of which, I've seen a lot of speculation that balls are juiced this year to increase offense. Thoughts?

My only thought is that it seems no one will ever be happy with the level of scoring in baseball.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Can we stop giving Curt Schilling attention in this thread

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Lol Dave Roberts was the first person to charge the field during a bench clearing, and Bob Geren and Don Mattingly were the two who got the most into it

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Dodgers should be contracted for throwing at Giancarlo

Actually, I think you'll find that the marlins should be contracted for beaning a dude because the person batting in front of him hit a dinger

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Urias back to AAA, surprising no one

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The Padres retailiated against the same person three times in one game that day. Jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
So that beanball was about some dingers Harper hit in the playoffs 2.5 years ago? loving lol, suspend that dipshit the rest of the year

• Locked thread