Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I was at Rizzo's first game as a Cub - my wife got me tickets for my birthday long before anyone knew Rizzo would be called up that night. We were way up in Row 9 of the upper deck, which is the very last row at Wrigley. We're getting to our seats about a half-hour before the game starts when I spot Tom Ricketts wandering up and down the aisles. I see a couple of dudebros start talking to him and I notice Ricketts is giving them upgraded tickets! Fighting every introverted, polite Midwestern bone in my body, I shout "HEY TOM IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" Twenty minutes later we're sitting in Ricketts' section, about three rows behind the Cubs' on-deck circle. Rizzo went 2-for-4 with an RBI. It was a Rizz-mas miracle.

Other than that, the most memorable game I've ever been to was Cubs/Yankees in 2011, where DOUG DAVIS of all people kept the mighty Yankees at bay for 7 1/3. There was a huge contingent of New York fans there, and with the Yankees threatening against Marmol in the 9th the crowd was the loudest I've ever heard at a ballgame, on both sides. But it was also the most convivial atmosphere I've seen with that many opposing fans at Wrigley, Yankee fans and Cubs fans drinking together, laughing, etc. It was amazing, the best baseball crowd I've ever been part of.

I've also worn a Cubs jersey to Busch Stadium II for a Cards/White Sox interleague game, but that's a boring story because people mostly just shook their heads at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

beejay posted:

Derek Jeter looks weird

That's Phil Collins.

• Locked thread