Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

A woman I know thinks Josh Collmenter is practically the platonic ideal of man. Even Kris Bryant didn't sway her.

Kris Bryant's alright but way overshadowed by Javy, imho.

As far as actual baseball goes, I'm using the Mets & Marlins off-day to watch the Yankees and it feels nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

This thread has taught me that YTM and I have very different taste in baseball dudes.

Seriously, d'Arnaud? He's not even the handsomest catcher on the Mets.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Intruder posted:

The Astros don't have anyone particularly handsome or particularly ugly. How boring.

Did the Astros trade Dallas Keuchel while I wasn't looking or something?

Grittybeard posted:

I had this same problem with the Royals...I don't know Lorenzo Cain seems handsome? Then I look up Cain and his smile is doofy as hell, so I don't know.

:psypop:

Inspector_666 posted:

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO MY BOY?! LEAVE HIM ALONE.

I kind of wish this discussion were in its own thread so I could yell at everyone (not you) for how wrong they are without feeling like I have to make serious contributions to make up for it. :colbert:

Speaking of serious contributions,

N: Matt Harvey claims to have fixed himself.

quote:

“Looking at video from successful starts that I’ve had in the past, we found out that my arm slot was like six inches higher [than in previous years],’’ Harvey said Sunday. “Not this past start, but the previous ones. It kind of dated back to last year when I had some issues with my rib and I couldn’t throw from my normal arm slot because of the injury.”

V: I hope he's right. I had the good fortune of seeing him deal during opening week, and I want to see that version of Matt Harvey again.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

Where are all the Giants fans to talk about how hot Kelby Tomlinson Trevor Brown is? Sad.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Intruder posted:

Keuchel is like James Harden, no one really knows what he looks like

e: actually scratch that, here's an old pic of him without a beard and... wow, who knew?

I knew, Intruder. I knew. :colbert:

Charlie Morton is the dreamiest Astro anyway

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Armitage posted:

That second inning he just had seems to suggest that he's a long, long way off from being the Matt Harvey of old, if he's even capable of being that anymore.

The Mets are still leading 7-2 though :v:

Harvey was adequate overall, but Conforto was the star if the show and if you haven't written him into your All-Star ballot, then we can't be friends.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Gwinnett Braves are looking for a new mascot in 2018.

Because I have no originality, I've submitted Teamy McTeamfaces.

Someone on the Effectively Wild forum suggested the Gwinnett Buttons, and I kind of love it.

edit: oh my god how many times am I going to snipe this loving thread

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gwinnett Buttons was Chip Carays idea. He threw it out there when they announced it on TV.

Oh, I didn't know. I'd vote for that, or Gwinnett Barves.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

N: Michael Conforto leads all NL outfielders in wRC+. He isn't on the All-Star Game ballot.

V: the ASG voting process is awful and needs to be updated ASAP.

The whole #WriteInConforto thing makes me wonder, how many write-ins have won a spot on an MLB All-Star roster?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

Mets enter the bottom of the 9th 6-5 down. Load the bases with no outs. Fail to score.

Mets.

Just Mets things. :geno:

On the bright side, Robert Gsellman looked good better than he has looked in a while in a starting role. I'm trying not to get hopes up too much, but I liked what I saw from him tonight.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

:circlefap:

I would also like to say that Pitcher List is my new favorite Twitter page of all time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Who's everybody's bad team token for the ASG? With the Braves, Freddie's hurt, Julio kinda sucks. Ender? Don't laugh -- Tyler Flowers?

I absolutely refuse to vote for Atlanta, so JT Realmuto might be my bad team token (even though I voted for Yelich and Ozuna un other ballots).

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

Pretty sure he's talking about the fact that every team has to have an All-Star and is asking who it's gonna be from the bad teams.

Well, in that case, I imagine Christian Yelich is in. As far as bad teams outside the NL East go, I'm less sure...maybe Will Myers?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

I changed my avatar to Slade Heathcott, and he got injured, missed the rest of the season, and was released.

I changed it to Ben Gamel and then he gets traded to Seattle.

I'm worried about what would happen if I change it to Judge.

(I was actually thinking of going to something Tanaka based, which would only guarantee he becomes brilliant again, opts out, and signs with the Red Sox.)

This is precisely why I've never had a baseball player av.

That, and I have entirely too many favorite players, for entirely different reasons.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Hunter Strickland is an enormous bitch.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

bewbies posted:

why in the hell are some of you even acting like batter pitcher drama that results in fistfighting isn't one of the best things in baseball?

Batter-pitcher drama that results in people getting beaten up for being good at baseball is "one of the best things in baseball" in the sense that it is not literally the absolutely worst thing in baseball.

The absolute worst thing in baseball is Joe West.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Tom Gorman posted:

Goddammit I'm hungover as hell and I've been reading this analysis for ten minutes.

wait it means that it's not good but not the worst thing in baseball, i think

i'm making a denver omlette

That guy said that batter-pitcher drama was one of the best things in baseball. I posit that it's not LITERALLY the worst thing, therefore semantically it can considered "one of the best things". I hope that clears it up.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm post omlette + coffee now so this makes sense and I technically agree. Thanks YTM.

Any time :)

Traxis posted:

The worst thing in baseball is God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch.

Oh drat, I forgot about that.

Intruder posted:

:same:

lol he threw at Harper for hitting homeruns off him two loving years ago or whatever it was

Asdrúbal Cabrera got thrown at (jury is out on whether or not it was intentional, but it went over his head) by the guy he hit that double-handed batflip walkoff homer off of last year, and he didn't even realize it was the same guy until after he was asked about it by the media.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

NiceGuy posted:

Hunter strickland is a douche and an instigator but lol if you really can't get some amount of enjoyment out of bryce harper getting smacked every once in awhile

As someone who's supposed to hate the Nats, I don't want to see people intentionally hurting each other for any reason. How is this so difficult to understand?

Granted, there are certain people I'd care less about if they got hurt (Papelbon, Utley, etc.), but Bryce Harper did absolutely nothing wrong and he was attacked literally just for doing his job. Even if I didn't like Bryce Harper, where would I find satisfaction in that? It's ridiculous.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

Why am I supposed to dislike Bryce Harper again?

Because he's good at baseball and he knows it, apparently.

Meanwhile known rear end in a top hat Daniel Murphy goes mostly un-hated. Shameful.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There is nothing, nothing, nothing wrong about appearing in an ESPN Body Issue. Not one damned thing. :q:

Abel Wingnut posted:

what's wrong with murphy? i didn't know he was hateable. seems like a nice enough guy.

I don't agree with his religiously anti-homosexual lifestyle. :colbert:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm glad good baseball man Buster Posey is beating back against the tide of Cubs Mediocrity.

I am personally offended at the lack of Michael Conforto on this list. :mad:

edit: and also the lack of Christian Yelich

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

Conforto isn't on the ballot

I wrote him in, and Mets Twitter has (maybe?) also been writing him in.

edit: to clarify, I'm not saying that I expected him to get in with write-ins, I'm just saying that I'm mad

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Buster Posey is a god damned saint and a hero, and I haven't forgotten that time he pushed that rear end in a top hat who came onto the field that one time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When did Harper get hitched? He's what, 23?

He's 24 and, if I recall correctly, Mormon. Makes sense.

Michael Morse died for Hunter Strickland's sins :rip: :qq:

• Locked thread