Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like there's other things going on at Fenway besides racist chants:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/5/1/15499650/red-sox-fan-proposal-fenway-chant-she-said-no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
When do the Red Sox play in Baltimore next? I kind of want to watch them to see how they treat the team. Especially if Sale is pitching.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

I got to see baseball's least likely occurrence live: the Mike Fiers nono

I was unable to get out of work after being offered a free ticket to game 4 of the 2015 ALDS, kinda glad to have missed out on that one

I saw Felix Hernandez get a base hit at Safeco Field. I doubt I will ever see a Mariner pitcher get a hit in person again, let alone at Safeco. Thanks, U2!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Some memorable games I've been to:

- Saw Cliff Lee give up 7 runs while striking out 7, and still getting the win, because Mike Sweeney went insane at the plate.
- Saw Lou get ejected once. It happened a lot but seeing it in person was truly special. The introduction of instant replay took away a lot manager meltdowns and we are lesser off for it.
- Mentioned this once, but I saw the Mariners play an away game at Safeco that was interleague so it used NL rules. Felix pitched and owned.
- Saw Griffey's first return to Seattle as a Red.
- Saw Randy's last appearance in Safeco.
- I've gone to several Mariner HoF induction games. Went to Lou Piniella's, Dan Wilson's, Randy Johnson's, and Edgar's as well.

I haven't gotten lucky with a no hitter yet, or any other crazy accomplishment.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I had a coworker that randomly decided to take work off early to go to a day game. It ended up being Felix's perfect game. She told me she got wasted by the 5th but still paid enough attention to know what was happening. I'm still slightly bitter about that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Grittybeard posted:

As a side note to that story wow was Albert Belle robbed of the MVP in 1995.

I could see giving it to Edgar maybe, bur Mo Vaughn was flat out worse at everything.

Albert Belle was one of the most hated people in baseball, and for some reasons rightfully so. He also had the bat scandal the year prior.

Edgar led Seattle to their first ever playoff, considering the team was without Griffey most of the season. But people didn't value OBP, and him being a DH didn't help either :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
At least they got the Cy Young right in 95. Johnson and Maddux were insane. But then again, they were insane by both traditional and advanced stats.

Intruder posted:

One of the funniest stories in baseball history

Dispatching a AAAA reliever to perform a burglary is the best bullpen management I've ever seen.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, I just want to talk about how insane / weird Albert Belle was:

- Charged the stands when he was in college
- Corked all of his bats in 94
- Was told to apologize to the media for not speaking to them during the 95 world series, refused
- Was charged 10k a year by the Indians because he wrecked the clubhouse continuously, including throwing plates in the showers
- Preferred the clubhouse be below 60 degrees, and one time when another player turned up the heat, he went to the thermostat and turned it down and smashed it with a bat
- Destroyed Kenny Lofton's boombox
- Chased after teenagers in his car and hit them after he alleged they egged his house
- Crushed Fernando Vina's face to break up a DP
- Threw a foul ball at a fan because the fan was heckling him

I'm probably missing things. But while I will admit Belle has HoF numbers, the dude was (technically is, he's still upset about the 95 MVP award lol) insane. I think this is the one use of the character clause that makes sense.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Randy Johnson may have pitched a perfect game but he has a bigger claim to fame that had only happened two other times: killing a living being with a pitch.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

canadianclassic posted:

e: god damnit this is not the GDT

Pretend I just came in to complain some more about how bad the Blue Jays are but how fun the Mariners are to watch right now even if they aren't winning a ton of games

The Mariners have a positive run differential!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gonna doublepost, cause James Paxton just went on the DL with a left forearm strain. That's 3 out of the 5 original starting pitchers on this team on the DL now. Also, left forearm strain sounds too ominous...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's kind of a big deal when it's your 3 best pitchers on the DL.

Anyway... apparently Paxton only has a grade 1 strain and will only miss 2 starts in that 10 day period. Dipoto doesn't expect him to miss more than that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

That pitch was right down the middle, and it's not like the catcher framed it poorly. I dunno what the hell that umpire saw.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kyle Seager's go ahead HR hit the cock and balls of the one lone Ranger fan in Safeco:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LookoutLanding/status/861384438512406530

Baseball is art.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mariners' DL consists of Felix, Paxton, Smyly, Iwakuma, Haniger and Cishek. Yet they're still playing .500 ball. Looking forward to lots of dingers from both sides in Toronto!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Mets will never get healthy, sorry

Wrong M's team!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are there a bunch of broken players on the Marlins? Seems like teams starting with M are cursed this year.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

gently caress the Rockies, Pads and D'backs
agreed

This just seems sad, and kicking a dog while down. Except maybe the Dbacks who were legit assholes for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maybe the Cubs wouldn't be so bad if they didn't trade Gleyber Torres. :rip: their chance of a world series.

• Locked thread