Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Poque posted:

last night was my first time seeing a balk in person at a game, so that was cool. scratch another one off the ol' baseball bucket list

I was at the game too, and it also was my first time seeing a balk. Well, I didn't actually see it, I looked away, and turned back to see the ump signalling everyone to move a base. I was pissed I missed it, and they didn't show a replay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Poque posted:

Yeah, I think showing a replay would be a lot like showing a replay on a called strike 3 - they don't want to show up the ump so they don't do it on the videoboard.

holler at us next time, we can meet up. Really if anybody goes to Wrigley I can just show my badge and come into the ballpark and find you if I'm in the area :)

drat ok. My next game is in early June. Way out in section 203 I think.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Starting pitching has also been worse, even though the only change was replacing Hammel with Anderson. I think every starter is underperforming from last year. Personnel wise, there weren't any huge changes, except for losing Fowler.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Popete posted:

Didn't hear anything about this before now, but apparently a fan died from a fall at Wrigley last night. Apparently it happened after the game as fans where exiting.

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/17/man-dies-after-fall-at-wrigley-field/

There are zero details in that, but my guess is he took a spill over a railing coming down the ramps from the upper deck.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

The only reservation I would have about lengthy suspensions (say ~20 games for a starter) for intentional beanings is that in every sport people are notoriously awful at actually figuring out what's intentional. They tend to both play favorites and screw over people if the NHL is anything to go by.

I'd say a 6 game suspension for intentionally throwing at someone and 20 games for throwing at someone with intent to injure. Honestly, I feel like that second one needs to be longer, but I just don't see it getting longer. I think that's honestly enough to make people not intentionally try to hit a batter.

• Locked thread