Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Spring is in full force in most reasonable latitudes in the northern hemisphere and summer is just around the corner, so let's hear what activities people have planned for this year! (Southern hemisphere people are welcome too)

Big trips, new activities and skills, personal goals, volunteering efforts or new jobs in the outdoors, what are ya'll up to?

This year is going to be less active in terms of backcountry trips for me but I have at least one planned for September at this point. Going to head into the Sierras from the eastern side with my dad and do something like Onion Valley to Cottonwood Lakes/trailhead. Don't have a specific itinerary but if we feel up to it I'm thinking of a lot of off trail travel. With the massive amounts of snow this year I'm thinking waiting until September is probably a good idea for cross country travel.

Have at least one camping trip planned up in Tuolumne Meadows and need to get a few more nailed down, and we might be out in Jackson WY later in the year (October I think?) so trying to figure out if there's anything we can do while there...a short backpacking trip or at least some camping.

Goals are to keep getting outside despite new challenges to doing so this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My big plan for this summer was backpacking for 2 weeks in Scotland as a part of my degree. But I'm currently dealing with some pretty painful effects of a bad bought of pneumonia that did quite a bit of damage apparently. So we will see. If not it's going to be 2018.

• Locked thread