Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Color Printer posted:

I mean yeah it was a nice sentiment in a way I guess, but these people also lied to you mainly so you could keep the lighthouse running until you drop dead

It actually sounded like they didn't really care about the lighthouse. It was an excuse to give her life a meaning. She realized that in the end and was grateful for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

cant cook creole bream posted:

It actually sounded like they didn't really care about the lighthouse. It was an excuse to give her life a meaning. She realized that in the end and was grateful for it.
Yeah, Argate pointed out that it's always sunny so why do you need a lighthouse, and I don't think the devs forgot that. A lighthouse might still be of some marginal use, sure, but they mostly just gave her that job so she would have something to do.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Think of the most melancholy – yet slightly positive – means of reading into a situation, and in NieR, you're probably right. Besides the times when things are just soul-crushingly sad.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Apologies for being late, I've lost track of my usual time zone while out of country.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

New session, new NieR notes!
Page 1 - Page 2

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oh yeah that dream reminds me, right dream dream after this session ended, Artix and I somehow made dream dream dream dreamFae think dream she was dream having a stroke dream dream and I'm still dream dream dream dream upset it happened dream right after we stopdreamped recording dream dream.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh yeah that dream reminds me, right dream dream after this session ended, Artix and I somehow made dream dream dream dreamFae think dream she was dream having a stroke dream dream and I'm still dream dream dream dream upset it happened dream right after we stopdreamped recording dream dream.

Snake dreamer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Itchy, tasty

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

L̙̭͇̟̮̹͉̎͜o̬̠̬̝͕̐ͬͥo͙ͅkͧͣͨ̀ͨ̂̑s̛̲͎̍ͭ̐̎ ̬͗̀ͥͯ̓f͈̈̍ͬ̈́͆̓̚ì̜̠̮̲̩͚̿̿̈ͤͭ͆́n̫̗͓̩͍̩͈͆e͇̹̩͚ͯ ̩̠͚͈̪͉̱͒̾ͯͧ̉ͫ̅͘t̠͗̀o̢̮̹͂̔ ̨̠̠̑̆ͯ̅ͮ̿͆m̴̠͕̣̥̹̩͖̓̀e̖̠͔̝͕̪̅̈́̾̊́̿͘ͅ

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I give my dream, not for dream but for dream!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't dream know what dream dream you're dream talking dream dream about dream dream dream dream Argate dream dream dreamdreamdreamdream

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Artix posted:

I don't dream know what dream dream you're dream talking dream dream about dream dream dream dream Argate dream dream dreamdreamdreamdream

You reminded me of this goddamn thing and now I want everyone to think about it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Artix posted:

This cannot continue.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

This cannot continue.

This cannot continue.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Some of the dialog in the fishing quest chain is really great and it's a shame if you miss it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

14. The Ultimate Weapon

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Is it just me, or does Nier look like Gary Busey? Especially just before that boss fight?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Is it just me, or does Nier look like Gary Busey? Especially just before that boss fight?

it is absolutely not just you

Emil is a very nice boy. Shame about his eyes, though, I guess this is why you don't have kids with medusa.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dammit, we only got the one Unite Hand at the beginning.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

1. The Dark Colossus Destroys All

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Thought there was an issue with the uncut video but nope! Also this boss track is really good.

E: Ughhhh why's you have to stop the video there.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 7, 2017

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
That is some evil editing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
That's a mean cliffhanger.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe the game ends before you can even go into the building. This is D4 all over again.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!
There's an interview with Emi Evans where she says she was asked to write the NieR lyrics in made-up languages that sounded like real-world languages. Kainé's theme is meant to sound Gaelic, The Wretched Automatons is meant to sound English, Hills of Radiant Winds is vaguely Portuguese, and other tracks are inspired by French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese. (And Song of the Ancients is a mashup of multiple languages.) I think the idea is that they sound super familiar if you know the language in question, but yeah, the words don't actually mean anything. As for the mentioned French songstress who's been putting French vocal covers of several tracks up on youtube (I presume you were talking about Mioune?), she does write her own lyrics, so you're correct, they're not translations.

(You can read the interview here, but it's been a long time since I read it in full myself and I'm not 100% certain there aren't any spoilers in it, so you may want to hold off for now.)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Are we at the point where Jordan's LP cut off?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are we at the point where Jordan's LP cut off?

The next update will take us to that point.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Yonah just doesn't get to do it often, that's why her screaming in joy at you beating the final boss sounded weird. Congratulations, now enjoy the credits and the post-credits library party. Another good LP successfully completed.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The poor giant shadow just wanted to touch books too. :(

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Help, I can't stop listening to Kainé's theme...

Can I request a clarification: does Weiss need another, non-book person to channel his magic powers for him or are all those brutal finishing moves just Nier pulling cool poses while Weiss does all the work?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Disc 1
20. Yonah / Piano Ver.
Disc 2
4. Kainé / Escape
9. Song of the Ancients / Fate
14. Emil / Sacrifice
(note: I'm omitting a few songs because their titles are just a little spoilery and I'm going to err on the side of caution here.)

Also hi I'm totally not just uploading this at 11 PM because I forgot today was update day. This is the last episode we got done before I went on vacation for a few weeks and while I did get back about a week ago, we also have not had a chance to record more, so apologies for the brief intermission in episodes. If all goes well though, we should be good to go for a stream sometime this weekend!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Some god-tier music in this episode.

Also some god-tier sadness (and I'm betting it will get worse) :smith:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Some god-tier music in this episode.

Also some god-tier sadness (and I'm betting it will get worse) :smith:

https://twitter.com/kyufuji/status/872609516864630784?lang=en

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

If only someone could've insta-killed any of these bastards with, like, magic eyes or something...

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
What kind of poo poo-hog would have endangered his friends and bystanders like that?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hi there Grimoire Wesker!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I got to the boss fight in the previous episode without any herbs so it was probably the most frustrating fight in the game for me. The end of arc 1 made it worth it though, I went from being "yeah, I guess this game is not so bad but I don't get the hype" to "must keep playing because wtf just happened".

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kainé ~ Escape is the best song I have ever heard in any videogame. Song of the Ancients ~ Fate isn't especially far behind.

I think the video speaks for itself, but yeah, this is about where the game went from "cool characters, interesting plot, overall pretty good" to "holy gently caress".

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why is Nier rocking an eye patch now? I don't think he lost his eye from the Noir fight.