Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure that Dark Hand is the mightiest spell you have right now too.

With only a couple of exceptions, Dark Hand/Dark Lance were the permanent spells I used for the entire game. They are by far the best, and especially against those robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I know you guys (finally) mentioned the words, but have you been equipping them at all? It's not a big deal in the early game, but you can get pretty significant boosts to damage/magic/health/etc. from them, and they get ever more powerful as the game goes on. Also, you should try out Dark Phantasm sometime, especially when you are finding yourself a bit outnumbered.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why is Nier rocking an eye patch now? I don't think he lost his eye from the Noir fight.

You could say it's been a rough 5 years for him.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Fredrik1 posted:

I finally caught up with the LP and just wanted to say it's great.

I'm sad that this came out for PS3 only because I always wanted to play it and I'll look past a lot of gameplay issues for good story or music and this seems to have both.

The gameplay isn't even that bad, at least at the base level. The combat is pretty fast (and so is Nier), so it feels quite fluid. The spells feel very impactful too (at least the good ones). The boss fights are awesome in general. Of course, that's helped by probably the best OST ever made.

Where it all falls down is when you are trying to 100% it. Many of the sidequests are an enormous pain for little reward (see the posted flow chart from page 2), and getting materials to upgrade weapons will require so many trips through the Junkyard that it's not even funny. Other than that, the game is actually pretty fun even from a gameplay perspective.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Regarding Emil's 'age', I don't think he is supposed to have actually grown or aged at all in the timeskip. I mean, he was created/experimented on 1300 years ago. It mentions (in the documents from the mansion lab) that he was put into "storage". I guess we don't know whether that storage means he just didn't age until he became un-stored (which we also have no idea how long ago that was), or whether he is effectively un-aging.

My money is on him being basically immortal, stuck at the age he was weaponized at.