Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Faerie Fortune posted:

The NieR Notebooks

Hi! I'm coming into this game completely blind and I've been told from the start that the story is...a little messed up. This being a Yoko Taro game I also happen to know that the plot is kinda complicated, and a lot of the finer details are in inference and references to things that happened several hours ago that you wouldn't possibly remember.

I really want to truly understand and appreciate this game so enter The Notebook.

I'll be taking notes during each session to help me keep track of the characters, plot and occasionally sidequests of this game! These notes will also contain random rear end doodles and my personal thoughts on current events that are quite frankly, too stupid to actually say during recording -- from what we've recorded so far I am in love with this game and my commentary is a lot more focused than what you're used to from a Fae recording, so my silly off-hand thoughts go into The Notes instead of my audio.

I'll be posting the NieR Notes from each session as the final episode from that recording session is posted so that folks going in blind with me aren't spoiled also. So look forward to that!

Fae out!

This is going to be the best thing. I can't wait to see a blind reaction to this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
Taro Yoko's games all have incredible music, but Nier stands out as particularly good even among them. It really is fantastic, and I don't blame you in the least for taking time to stop and listen to it during your play. I do the same thing.

Also, gardening is fine and you shouldn't write it off. Along with being a good money maker, it will also make some side quests cheaper to complete. That said, there is one quest linked to gardening that is complete bullshit, but that is a long way off.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Faerie Fortune posted:

All done with route A!

I really like this game, you guys

The real Nier starts now.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

This visit to the Aerie is probably my favorite part of the game.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

I was kind of hoping for a moment that you would just keep looping that for the full 26 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey remember when this LP was active? Let's try to get that going again.

(Special thanks to my friends Demerine and Silver Falcon for their contributions this episode).

To be honest, no I did not remember that this was a thing, but now I do and it's great to have it back.