Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I love your little sketches, they reminded me of the Odyssey to the West LP where they had that one commentator doing sketches, and at one point she just runs out of things to draw and draws a page of nothing but peoples toned Butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The Mayor's voice reminds me of the Mayor of Townsville in Powerpuff Girls. "You must rescue my people! Blah, HURRY!"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

"I love him! I love my Undead Magic son!"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Are you ducking the sound more than usual? The game audio has been super quiet at points where in previous vids there was more of a balance.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Yoko Taro's idea of a "Happy Ending" would be amusing to see.

*The whole world is reduced to a blighted nothingness*
Player: "How is this a happy ending?
Yoko Taro: "Those kids over there survived. :)"
Player: "Oh yeah..."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Since she brought it up I have an interesting question for Fae, but if it's too personal I'll understand if she'd rather not discuss it: Do you find that this sort of tragic media helps you deal with your own feelings about these subjects by recontextualising your feelings in a safe environment, or is it a sore spot that you tend to avoid when you can?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Weapon story entry, may be a bit too dark. Intending from Leonard's point of view:

quote:

As I entered the village I first saw her… She was beautiful as the morning sun. I was enraptured… I found somewhere to stay, that one day I could woo her.

I started to adjust my route deliberately to walk by where she went, just to catch a fleeting glimpse of her.

Her youth and beauty are without parallel. I can’t keep my mind off her.

Alas, they won't allow me to see her again... I must do better... I must be better...

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I understood that, just wanted to do a thing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Well, just about saved the thread from getting archived on you - I guess we can call this a NieR miss?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

There is also an aspect touched on in one of the flashbacks that we've seen, with one of the reasons the bullies give for they treatment of her is "I can't believe your still acting like a girl!"

The lingerie thing is partially her broadcasting to the world "I don't give a gently caress what you think, I'm a girl and Imma dress like one whether you like it or not!" Is her asserting her femininity in the most extreme way she can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like how they still call them Mysterious Switches it's like, you know what they are for, you use them to repair lighthouse parts. There shouldn't be a mystery to them any more. Just say "We need replacement lightswitches/junction switches/however you use them" Surely you'd have named them by now so that you can tell them apart, even if you don't know what they used to do.