Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Hell yeah I love the song of the ancients, to the point where after this stream was over I found an extended 1 hour version to idly listen to. As of now, I have probably listened to this one hour version of the song ten times.

I think I have a problem.

Naw, that's just how NiER's soundtrack goes.

You'd have a problem if you didn't want to listen to it for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Poil posted:

Why did the gift break this time?
Well, I was trying to drift this boar...

Anyone who has witnessed The Boar Drift can forgive enthusiasm for boar-drifting.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Faerie Fortune posted:

I read it more as Dad really wants Kainé to live, either because he respects her as a fighter and a person or because he just doesn't want to let someone die on his watch (or hell, both) and he will say or do anything to make sure she doesn't give up. Including agreeing to whatever cheesy thing Weiss is saying, since the notion of having friends did seem to perk Kainé up a bit. He's just desperate, and is grasping at whatever he can to try to convince her not to give up on herself.

Nier is a really good guy at heart. This game does a great job of making its main characters textured but genuinely likeable.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"At least the music's nice!" says Fae, in this, the game where the music is always incredible.

NieR's OST is a work of art all on its own.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nier is a game about likeable, decent people doing things that make perfect sense from their perspective.

And then everything ends in tears.