Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

The problem is that as I try to break away from web development, or basically any work that is slightly more complex than my easy job, I find that I don't really know what I'm doing!

What's your goal? Web dev is a huge, well paid field right now (though granted, it's not for everyone. If you hate it, I'm not going to try and keep you there). What are you trying to do instead? What triggered this crisis of confidence?

What technologies do you use currently? What resources do you use to teach yourself things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

I would suggest not becoming a games dev, at least not a AAA games dev. Maybe an indie game or a mobile thing on the side, but you shouldn't need to go back to school for those.

Grumpwagon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 2, 2017

• Locked thread