Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Holy poo poo.

The first scene with Underwood is loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

There's literally a sign next to one of the doors he goes in that says "No Tailgating"

Yeah. If there is one thing you can trust people to do, it is to be lazy. He'd gotten through several secure doors and, most importantly, the front door by that point. Security tends to slack in situations like that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

This show really seems to have completely dropped the ball on what made it entertaining in the first place. It was fun because you got to watch conniving, long term schemes come to fruition after nearly faltering. Everything season is just one long, drawn out scene of Claire and Frank being totally hosed and scraping by on the skin of their teeth, which is a hell of a lot less engaging.

Also, did they seriously just use that 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028 etc line from the trailer? Because that was a good line in the trailer when it looked like they were consolidating their power this season. If you win the election this season it will be by the slimmest of margins, and you are somehow delusional enough to think you can go four terms, abolish term limits and keep on ruling like a king? Come the gently caress on.

This season, just... ugh. How many times do we have to have a 'Frank uses his big boy voice to intimidate someone who doesn't have any reason to be scared of him' scenes. The election plot is still loving going and I'm beginning to feel like the people in the goddamn show must feel. Let it end.

Caros fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 31, 2017

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ugh, gently caress OFF, Tom. Seriously, I really, REALLY don't care about anything he says. I get that it's part of Claire's story, and I have no issues with her story, but he and everything he says bugs me.

I have been straight up fast forwarding every time he is on screen because he annoys me that much.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Okay... really show?

The Durrant thing is the stupidest poo poo ever. He pushes her down a flight of stairs? Really? It's like ten feet? What the gently caress was his plan when she survives that like any normal person, gets up and says "He pushed me down the loving stairs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kawabata posted:

First episodes of season 5 seemed ok, then it just gets ridiculous. Oh and the amount of people close to Frank and Claire either dying, disappearing or getting hurt is now ridiculous. It's just stupid.

When did the good writers actually leave? Because last season was ok, but I don't know what the gently caress happened here.

The secretary has fallen!

Seriously, it was like seven feet. Three years ago my friend took a header down two flights of stairs onto concrete and walked it off. What exactly was Frank's plan if she didn't go into a coma from a fall barely farther than my front steps? I don't expect master schemes from this lovely show at this point, but I just assumed it was a dream sequence at first because the show couldn't be that loving stupid.

• Locked thread