Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just finished marathoning it and while not perfect it gets better after the election ends. I'm not sure how I feel about Claire being the President or the way Francis managed to arrange everything to fall in place batman style, but next season should be great if it's Underwood vs Underwood for real (unlike last time it happened).

Next season has to be the final one though.

I was surprised that Doug had no idea that whats-her-name was going to get killed, there's no way that's enough to make him renege on taking the fall for Zoe Barnes but it'll probably be part of his plot.

EDIT:

I think the main problem this season has is that it's very anticlimactic. The election plot ends without much fanfare (and the other candidate vanishes from the face of the earth) and the following problems don't really get solved, just sidestepped.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I always felt that way about the solo Doug scenes. The actor makes a great loyal henchman for the Underwoods, but good god I don't care about him stalking a variety of women. And those scenes are always super slow and uninteresting even if I did care.

I don't know, it was awesome to watch him being taken down this season "I gently caress you because I hate you".

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I will say, though, that for a show primarily about white guys in suits just talking, everything looks incredible.

It's a really really well-shot soap opera.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

No not at all.

The Gear VR placement this season was particularly bad. "It's like you're there!"

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

bobfather posted:

I was glad for Claire to get her turn at the end, but I was hoping she would interrupt Frank during her swearing in. He starts talking saying something or other about power, the camera pans to her, and then she says something like "Frank, don't interrupt, I'll take it from here."

I think she rolls her eyes when Frank mentions that she owes him.

• Locked thread