Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Holy mother of god. This show is dead. Everything after Frank's speech at the Jefferson memorial was a nose-dive into awfulness.

I could get over the whole season 4 crap where Claire became VP, even though that was loving insane and way beyond suspension of disbelief. This was just too much. I guess Trump winning the election really hosed with the writing staff. They should have just carried on telling whatever story they had thought up.

I hope this doesn't get renewed. I have zero faith in the new leadership among the writers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

DaveKap posted:

It took 3 seasons to wrap up a single election... the good writers left a long time ago.

Elections last pretty much 2.5 years in real life in the US so I didn't mind this much.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Niwrad posted:

What was Frank's strategy if that 3 foot fall just ended up breaking her wrist? Wouldn't there also be cameras throughout the White House?

fyi he shoved her with some force and if she got whiplash from that initial push and her face hit the wall directly ahead, it would break her neck no problem

Also it clearly showed that they moved into a corner with no camera coverage right beforehand. I honestly don't have a problem with this, as it isn't a significant suspension of disbelief.

What is a suspension of disbelief; however, is that no one started freaking out about it since she was due to testify the next day. Writers were poo poo this season.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
What was the deal with Yates breaking the fourth wall when he waved at the camera during the inauguration? Still trying to put my thumb on that.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Baiku posted:

Was that not Usher? poo poo I thought they did that to imply he was a potential usurper like Frank was. Doesn't Frank tell Claire to watch whoever Usher recommends as VP, which turns out to be himself?

If it was Yates then I dunno.

Might have been. It was like the last good scene of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
I honestly don't mind the soap opera deaths. It's Frank resigning which made this show unwatchable for me now. Completely against everything he fought for and all of his motivations. That's what's being handwaved away

• Locked thread