Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Christ I'm catching up now having not watched for a few seasons and just got the Monument Valley episode in season 3. I swear every season has one moment of completely egregious video game product placement.

Does it at least get more subtle in seasons 4 and 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Right, all caught up. Everything is dumb.

I feel like the show's gotten really kill happy, to the point that it's lost all impact. The first three seasons had precisely one major death each caused by the Underwoods, and each one was a huge deal with major repercussions, still being investigated up to the present. Now no one bats an eyelid at the amount of people dropping like flies. Most of them are just not mentioned again.

Did the show actually say that Durant was comatose or was it for us to assume? She fell down a few steps, was mentioned maybe twice immediately after then just not referred to again. Is she dead? Has the show forgotten already?

And was it actually said what LeAnn was given on that laptop? Or are we supposed to assume it was just miscellaneous evidence of the election tampering stuff?

Dumb. At least the videogame product placement was super brief this season and didn't involve the loving president.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PostNouveau posted:

I'm sure she's in a coma and will wake up with enough amnesia to be unable to rat on Frank.

That's true but the show's also contrived a situation where it no longer really matters if she does.

Hell, most of the corruption was uncovered and ignored at the end of season 4. The truth about Russo could come out and it'd be hand waved away.

e: It just occurred to me that both of Netflix's flagship shows used 'ex-soldiers with PTSD are unstable' as an unnecessary plot device in their respective fourth and fifth seasons, which aired around the same time. What's up with that?

ee: Also why did this show decide to have two characters called Tom? I suppose there are a poo poo-zillion characters and when Yates was introduced they may not have planned for Hammerschmidt to come back, but they could've just called him Mickey or Eugene or something.

Incidentally Hammerschmidt is the best thing in the show now.

stev fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 9, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The dog on the sidewalk in episode 1 was Frank.

• Locked thread