Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
I love me some Kevin Spacey, but the hamminess and sarcasm that worked so well in the first season just makes the Underwood evil harder to swallow somehow. I'm only up to Chapter Ten because it's just not as engaging as when the show first started.

Jane David might be my favorite character. I'm more interested in her sources, methods, and goals than in the higher ups in the administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
I finished the season and ... eh. I didn't hate it, even if the whole "You rule from the inside and I rule from the outside!" thing was stupid as hell, somehow even more so than the scene where they literally planned to become a dictatorship. I would have enjoyed the show if instead of rushing him into office they had made his tactic the utter annihilation of the party leaders who hosed him in the first place while he looked uninterested in the office, wrecking the party in secret in such a manner that they eventually wanted him to run for office, making him and Claire extremely successful on the world stage, and then having it crumble around him as everything finally toppled. Making him and Claire suck in office, snipe at each other constantly, and then have him set up Doug while resigning with a super low approval rating? Meeehhh.

I do really like Davis and Usher, though. I would so much rather have a show revolving around characters slinking in the background who effectively disrupt the administration and the world for power and profit.

• Locked thread