Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just want to reiterate how glad I am that Frank and Claire got back together to run their evil schemes together targeted at other people, it's so sweet! :3:

Also how terrifying Claire joining Frank in looking directly at the audience at the end of season 4 was :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"It's terrifying, isn't it?"

Yes Claire, it is terrifying that you can see us :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Noooo I still have to finish the old Twin Peaks so I can start the new Twin Peaks! :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Finished the season, thought it started strong, meandered in the middle and then had a somewhat interesting resolution dampened a bit by what I assume is going to be Usher and Davis trying to basically run everything with Claire as a figurehead, leading to at least a temporary Frank/Claire team-up to take them out. I do have to say I think they botched their handling of the election, it was interesting but went way too long. It was almost comedic in that I binged through some episodes thinking,"I'll just watch till they resolve this plot", finally gave up and then 10 seconds into episode 9 they just go,"Welp, Frank won" and that was it..

Season 4 was a nice return to form I thought after the poor season 3, but it hasn't come close to the highs of season 1 and 2 and this season was a step down again.

I did like Frank doing a piece to camera at one point though going (paraphrased),"You know, all I wanted was to be Secretary of State. I was PROMISED Secretary of State. If they'd just kept their word..... but now here we are."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shoving the secretary while she was in a blindspot so closely paralleled what he did to Zoe Barnes that I'm surprised Hammerschmidt didn't note the similarities, since he seemed so keen to talk poo poo about the President every other chance he got.

For all the problems with this season, I did think that slow zoom in on Hammerschmidt after Frank resigns was really good. That slow realization that something wasn't right and the niggling suspicion he might have been played was well conveyed I thought.

• Locked thread