Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I was surprised that Francis actually resigned. I thought it was going to be some scheme where he made it seem like he was going to resign selflessly for the good of the country to end uncertainty and then have Doug confess to all his crimes. With Doug shown to be the true bad guy and Francis cleared he would keep his presidency on stronger footing, the population now truly believing he had their best interests at heart.

Way too many murders this season. It fits the characters, but they are basically inconsequential because it is unlikely we will ever see justice for them.

When it was just Zoe (and to a lesser extent Russo) there was genuine drama and tension around the murders because we as the audience could see the clues that could lead authorities to the Underwood's. This season showed that the threat of Zoe's murder being uncovered is genuine and there are pieces just waiting to be put together.

All the murders this season don't have that. They're random events that have other characters mop up the mess. They don't explain the details of how the plans were executed and include lots of other characters in schemes which creates a layer of disconnection and a sense that there is a whole conspiracy machinery protecting the Underwood's.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BarronsArtGallery posted:

I honestly don't mind the soap opera deaths. It's Frank resigning which made this show unwatchable for me now. Completely against everything he fought for and all of his motivations. That's what's being handwaved away

Yeah, the investigations into him have absolutely no tension now, the only question now is if he goes to jail or not.

He's lost the presidency, disgraced in the eyes of the public, and is in the backfoot against Claire.

The investigations and idea that people would uncover the truth about Zoe was compelling as the little guy fighting against the most powerful man in the world. Now if anything comes of it it will be nothing more than one more boot into an already ruined man.

• Locked thread