Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

We had somebody quit today because they were moving in a couple of months with their husband.

Why did they quit now instead of in a couple months when they move?

Because they have been here for 9 years and 10 months. You become vested in the pension plan at 10 years (50% of your average salary for your 3 highest earning years of service until death, starting at age 62 unless you do at least 20 years) and if you quit before you become vested you get your pension contributions back with no interest.

She took a payout of about $8,000 instead of the pension and even had the HR Office and Pension Office repeatedly try to tell her not to quit just for this reason.

If she lives to be 80, then she got that 8k in exchange for 270k over 18 years.

What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I sat in on an interview where the applicant said they had gotten another job at a different company in town but would rather work with us even though they'd make less.

We hadn't mentioned pay and we pay more than that company. They didn't get the job.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The solution probably starts with realizing what a "friend" is.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

John Smith posted:

The robbed. If appropriate.

Seems pretty clear to me that Pompous Rhombus should be faulted for falling so readily to the deception. Whereas the robber is duty bound to rob, by the very nature of his job description, and does not (willingly) accept any moral obligation towards his victim.

Hell yeah! The victim blaming industry is on the rise, smart investment.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

moana posted:

took a picture for this thread

Extremely forums poster John Smith voice: You should be charging that human rent because they live in your house and consume your goods. I hope you're keeping a running tab of what they owe you so you can present the bill to them when they can assume fiduciary responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

NancyPants posted:

I see your time-share horse and raise you a time-share private jet:

https://www.netjets.com/en-us/programs

Purse Forum!!!

eta: You guys, I think I hit pay dirt: Coach purse banme thread

It just keeps getting better

I worked at NetJets and it's bad with money on both sides. The salespeople will give away anything to make a sale - free hours, lower rates, free jet upgrades - so most sales are break even for the company. The company is Buffett's worst investment.