Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The terminally ill and at risk seniors keep the ball rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GWM: This hammock for camping.

https://www.amazon.com/Texsport-Wil...nclosed+hammock

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pig slut lisa posted:

Less of this:

More of this:

e: I would love to see some sort of breakdown on how many racehorse owners are net positive vs net negative over the course of their hobby. I'm sure the neighgatives outweigh the positives, but by how much?

Come on. At least put forth the effort.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Weatherman posted:

They said without it looking juvenile

Glue a mustache on it and tuck a variable annuity prospectus under the pillow.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ranbo das posted:

Short and sweet.

Will using a 0% intro apr cc to invest hurt my credit score

Have fun with that 10% cash advance penalty and 25% APR. Bitcoin should outpace that right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's awesome. If they could afford that, then good for them. Now if they put it all on 4 different credit cards or took out a second mortgage to fund it because "You only get married once! Do it BIIIIG!"....then we can go to town on them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've always politely declined invitations from co-workers to their weddings unless we were actually friends outside of work. Sitting at a table with all your other coworkers surrounded by their family just feels weird to me. I don't think I'd even consider inviting any of my co-workers if I was getting married.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Better make it a super short service so you can actually get a quicky in before your carriage turns into another $2950.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, that's a tough one. From outside it's easy to say it's bad with money, but I can't fault someone for dropping a bunch of money on an animal they love. My buddy just spent $10k trying to keep his dog alive after it got bone cancer in it's leg. She lived through the surgeries, but died a few months later. It wasn't an official "sympathy dog" or anything like that, but he got her after he got back from Afghanistan and she was with him through his divorce and all sorts of stuff. He could afford that though.

The big problem with the other dude is he's gonna have to pay it off for years and that's gonna remind him of his animal dying every month.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ruh-roh! What are they talking about insurance covering their losses? Is there commodity trading insurance that I didn't know about?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

H110Hawk posted:

Insurance against security breach or similar, not ~the invisible hand of buttherium~ https://support.gdax.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2689803-how-deposits-are-insured-on-gdax

Any word on if these were funded with credit cards to boot?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ashcans posted:

I wasn't really paying too much attention to this because lol, cryptocurrency:

So basically, someone got enough of a stake that it crashed the whole thing when they sold. What are the chances that was their intention, and they immediately turned around and re-bought at the bottom, so they now have a pile of money and enough stake in ether to repeat the same trick again?

Man, I hope so. I hope so with every fiber of my being. I also hope they wired all the funds immediately to another account so they can't claw it back.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wouldn't think there would be since it's unregulated. I would love to see an uproar about needing a little regulation to keep one party from being able to manipulate the market.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wonder how many people got really lucky buying in at ~$1 and wound up with like 500 ETH instead of the 1 they were trying to buy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

"Private"? Do they hang tarps from airplanes so no one else can see them?

They're ultraviolet fireworks so you have to wear their proprietary Goofy Goggles to view them. To everyone else it just sounds like normal Florida gunfire.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've got some bad news about human nature then. Making seashell jewelry would have been seen as a tremendous luxury to a hunter/gatherer society. Having extra time to twiddle away at something to make themselves pretty vs feeding themselves could be incomprehensible to someone in that situation. Kings and queens have spent royal fortunes on incredibly stupid poo poo all through history, be it searching for mythical past civilizations or building an entire room out of amber. A modern nation spent billions upon billions to put people on the moon (as neat as that is) mostly to piss off another country.

Those who have, waste and those who don't wish they could. That's the way it's been and if humans haven't evolved away from it yet I don't think we ever will.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Humanity peaked in the 1980's. Hair was big, the dollar was strong, and electronic music filled the air!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If they had shellfish allergies then it made them the bravest of hunters. Epipens didn't really exist back then. Well, they did, but the only firm providing them were outside of paleoman's HMO so who could afford them?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

monster on a stick posted:

Going crabbing is GWM. This is not:

I'd bet one conch shell that it was stolen by the people he bought it from.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Funnily enough, my roommates and I just found out we haven't been paying for electricity for this past year. We all thought one of the others was paying for it. So that's gonna be a fun $1500 bill to take care of. We haven't even been getting any letters or anything either. And the landlord sure as hell isn't paying it. It's really weird.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If they didn't wanna get robbed they wouldn't have had all that stuff in their house. They were asking for it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dang it Bobby...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If I'm ever super rich I plan on living the rest of my life on various yachts, trains, and dirigibles. Owning a home that's stuck on this boring garbage earth is for sucker peasants.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

That feels strangely achievable. But don't go broke buying dog parachutes.

If the dog is dumb enough to jump out of my rigid airship then it never deserved a parachute to begin with. Farewell my future pet dalmatian Pox, you died as you lived. Howling through the air.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So serious question here. How many people would be interested in doing a sort of BWM themed "Advice" book where we all take a specific chapter (investing, day trading, mortgages, etc) and write just the worst ideas we have about them and try to get it published by a reputable publisher under a pen name?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guest2553 posted:

I'd want to get in on this faster than a luxury train car towed by bridal horses

Sounds like we have our first chapter title.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Motronic posted:

You can find them pretty easily by searching for the correct term. They are called "repositioning cruises."

Hello life hack. Are you allowed to bring your own booze on the boat? If so then two pairs of jammy pants, two sleeveless t-shirts, a pair of swim trunks, my kindle, and four bottles of Blackwell's rum are in my future.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sounds like the market is ripe for the invention of an alcohol in solid form, that becomes liquid in the presence of ice and Diet Coke, that can be formed into the shape of a deflated beach ball. Why has no one thought of this before?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yoloer420 posted:

Powered alcohol is a thing. Just fill a beachball with it.

Ah yes, the classic "ball stuffed with white powder" manner of sneaking a substance past security. My idea seems more feasible.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Enfys posted:

How BWM is a pocket derail bird because I really want one

No matter how cool the bird, at the end of the day you're still wearing cargo shorts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haifisch posted:

Dude must really loving love pickles.

Well, they won't go bad at least.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Enfys posted:

I was curious how much a gallon of pickles would cost on Amazon.

For $95 you can buy 640oz of pickles. Kid missed out.

Or for $17 you can skip the pickles and just buy a gallon of pickle juice for some reason?

Pickle backs. Obviously.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

theHUNGERian posted:

Just found out my CC info was stolen.

BWM: Using a stolen CC to spend $200 on Steam games.

How does Steam handle that? Just take it back from who ever downloaded them?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But in the end he got to play games for free for a few hours!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dude should storm over to his parent's place, knock his father on his rear end, and toss him in the car to take him to his sister.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm a big fan of the Monte Carlo method. It gives you a bunch of graphs. Anyone that likes the market likes a bunch of graphs!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We have the "Tamale Guy" on the westside of Chicago. Dude goes from bar to bar selling tamales out of his coolers at $1 a shot or a bag of them for $5. All home made and delicious. There's even an app to track where he's at through the night (though I've never used it). I've talked to him a few times and he says that he clears about $100k a year doing it. I don't think there's any permits or anything involved, but he's a westside institution and he's met with literal cheers every now and then when he enters a bar. Red cooler. Not blue cooler guy. Blue cooler guy is a copycat and a pale imitation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

quote:

Turbo shares his favorite use for the tamales: “For breakfast, take the cheese ones, chop them up in a pan with some butter, put an egg, salsa, beans if you’ve got 'em, makes a great hash for the next day.”

I do this almost every morning if I get tamales the night before. Personally, I cook up some diced potatoes with a packet of sazon instead of beans.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

monster on a stick posted:

What an expensive mistake he turned out to be.

Ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good Parmesan posted:

Scammed by Full Sail, and I'm taking it to the news

I loved that thread.