Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
This is a new one:

http://jalopnik.com/the-bmw-addiction-that-completely-destroyed-this-man-s-1794882542

quote:

According to Terrance, he stole $320,000 by issuing himself 125 extra paychecks. And he spent every penny of it on his BMWs.

Byron said it was even worse: over $400,000 over the course of seven years, though he says that’s only an estimate and that his son, Steve would know better. (Steve Chrisman declined to comment for this story.)

The lying had become automatic behavior. And the straw that broke the camel’s back may have been over something as insignificant as a $20 bill.

Whatever the amount, it all went towards the same goal. “The 125 paychecks that I took over a six-year period of time, each one of those was roughly $2,500, net,” Terrance explained to me. “Before I got the $2,500, I’d run up one of my credit cards with $2,500 worth of stuff that I bought—either vehicles or parts for vehicles. And, you know, the $2,500 I took in the form of pay, I paid off the credit card. And then [I’d] just repeat the process over and over again.”

“[I] squandered it on restoring and racing these vintage BMW 2002s,” he told me. He had an M5 too, but it was not secret, and was not the object of his fascination or spending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

lampey posted:

Lululemon is an upscale athletic wear company owned by gap, like the banana republic of running clothes.

Lularoe is a pyramid scheme. It has all the common scams. Selling the product is a waste of time because it is overpriced. The success stories and testimonials are fake. It works by selling a starter set of 350 to 400 pieces of clothing for about $5000 with the idea that it will sell for $10000 or more based on the unrealistic notion that you can sell each legging for over 30. But most are sold for 20 or less. Very few people will even break even selling the clothes. But all of the incentives are to recruit more people to buy their own starter set. And now they are competing with you, and you can't return unsold merchandise. And now there are a lot of people who realized it is not worth their time and they are selling for less than it cost them, just to get back some of their money.

Lululemon isn't owned by Gap. Athleta is owned by Gap and specializes in similar clothing, but specifically for women.