Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Was the bit where Wednesday pokes fun at Shadow's name in the book? I don't remember but i love it.

I'm a little disappointed we aren't getting to House on the Rock this season, but i heard somewhere that they are/have already filmed there. So this is for sure getting at least one more season? I know it's supposed to be three, but i don't know if that's a "we'd like to be able to do three, if possible" or "we are contracted for and already producing three seasons".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Btw it feels like "ancient gods down on their luck and barely scraping by" was an idea Gaiman had in Sandman and decided to explore more fully with a whole book. In Sandman, Ishtar was a fertility goddess who turned into a pole dancer due to her lack of worshippers. I think Kevin Smith might've ripped that one off for Dogma as well.

I feel like Bast is probably doing alright now thanks to internet cats. :gbsmith:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

poo poo, as far as missing things goes: I remember going "heh, Low Key Lyesmith, like Loki Liesmith that's pretty cool" but, him being the actual Loki still took me by surprise as did his being in on the whole thing. And that's even with all the foreshadowing with all Wednesday's scam stories needing to have two people in on it.

Yes, I felt like an actual dumbass when it all fell into place.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Wasn't Loki pretty heavily involved with killing Dream in Sandman? It's not the American Gods version, obviously, but I think he was able to pass himself off as a regular dude. Been a while since I've read it, though

Yeah he sure was, he disguised himself as a god from a whole different pantheon to escape from Odin then later joined up with Puck. Not sure if he ever tried to pass as a mortal or not tho.

But, having just finished Gaiman's Norse Mythology I'm reminded that Loki one hell of a shapeshifter so I doubt it would be a problem.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I laughed at a lot of it, for whatever that may be worth.

Thor is a hilarious dickhead to everyone in it.

Yeah this. I was going to hold off due to my increasing absurd Book Pile, but I grabbed it anyway and loved it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You can follow this link for a sneak peek at next week's Coming to America segment featuring Mr Nancy.

https://www.themarysue.com/mr-nancy-intro/

I don't think it was in the book so I won't say much about it other than "holy poo poo, this is gonna own".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gonna nab this quote from the other thread.

Guy Mann posted:

If Media is anything like she is in the books then you might get your wish.

Gillian Anderson doing the "Wanna see Lucy's tits?" scene, hubba hubba!

Pictures of Media, spoiled because i have no idea what the spoiler policy regarding upcoming stuff from the show (as opposed to book foreknowledge) is.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Episode 2 promo image featuring Wednesday and Zorya Vechernyaya

:allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is there some way to refresh the day until it's Sunday again? :f5:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

LostRook posted:

Wow. It's like this thread is a portal directly to D&D.

I roll a d20 to attack :rolldice:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What the poo poo? Episode two is apparently available on starz/amazon streaming right now. Not that I'm complaining.

e: US, 10ish Pacific time.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

So it would seem.

Also, wow. Fuckin wow this episode.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man, while i remember that Czernobog doesn't get to spatter Shadow's brains out right then and there (and what happens near the end of the book) i totally can't remember why he doesn't. I'm not even asking for someone to tell me (a little googling would do it too), but it sure is making me look forward to next week even more.

e: also who saved Shadow and exploded all those dudes? Laura, probably but drat it. :f5:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 7, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dude puts cellphones on the list just so he can huck them out the window.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 8, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/861990044495560704

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I didn't know it wasn't actually confirmed, but I'm glad that it now is.

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/862748108882669569

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Neil is saying they're planning for five seasons. Which is two more than I thought it was planned for, but now I have no idea where I heard (or thought I heard) three.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gaunab posted:

So this spoiler thread is the only place to talk about American Gods? That sort of sucks.

Hm? There's a show-only thread too. This one was created because, well read the title of this one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818200

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Episode 3.

I'm using spoilers because watching it today feels like i'm a time traveller or some poo poo.

Even though it's Anubis and not Death, that opening bit could be lifted straight out of Sandman and that rules. Also, Bast gets a namedrop. Good for her.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"yeah i like marshmallows"

This show is incredible.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 14, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm open to the idea i missed something, but i didn't read the scene as anything other as presented either.

Bast did nothing wrong.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wow, literally blink and you'll miss it.
https://twitter.com/smd/status/863932197572677632?s=09

And also, if you can't trust someone with feet this fancy, who can you trust?
:colbert:

https://twitter.com/andmichaelgreen/status/863968646988615680

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

lol, looks like we've got ourselves an expert on hot topic bullshit here. Unsurprisingly, they are a Neil Gaiman fan.

Perhaps you'd feel more at home in this American Gods thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819718

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

precision posted:

Yeah, BBC is making Good Omens for Amazon next year.

Oh hell yes. (tentatively)

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 16, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spoiler images of Laura from episode 04

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 19, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh hi Ibis and Jaquel.

Audrey and Laura's scenes were incredible.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I can't get over that whole scene in Audrey's house, and the bathroom in particular. Just fantastic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cool interview with Neil on the adaptation process and on Episode 04 in particular.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood..._medium=twitter

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Schizotek posted:

Gillie as Bowie is doing all sorts of things for me.

Indeed, also hello World .

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

So far maybe, who knows? An interesting addition in any case. Looking forward to the next episode.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

God (:v:) I love every new promo clip, they also do their job quite well and make the wait for the next episode even harder.

Oh and :rip: Neil's hair in that first clip.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That is a road trip crew I wouldn't have expected in a million years. Also, Mr. Wood.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

I wonder if Shadow's experience with Vulcan will lead to him catching on to Hinzelmann faster.

Or at least the audience catching on faster, i'm glad i'm not the only one who caught some some vague whiffs of Lakeside in Vulcan's town, i was worried i was overthinking it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, i like these kinds of interludes too in general, but at the same time I didn't like this particular episode as much as the other ones. But whatever, it's still rocking my world and the finale looks like it'll be one hell of a show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lakeside is a great little story, but it almost feels like a separate short story dropped into AG*. I really like it, and it's climax, but I don't know what would actually change without it being in.

*I thought I remembered that being the exact case, but I don't know if it's true or not.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tomorrow is too far away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

please someone upload a screencap of this, i may have missed it because of the so many jesuses and of course asian jesus is in a nice suit

They don't show it, but someone mentions it.

• Locked thread