Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

showbiz_liz posted:

They've said they're going to significantly expand the amount of screentime all the gods get and show much more of what they're all doing, rather than just spending 50 loving pages hanging out with Shadow in a small town eating pasties, and thank god, because I spent half of the book pissed off that there was an epic war between the gods happening that we barely got to see.

This is good because their casting for the gods has been incredible and I'd love to spend more time with Cloris Leachman, Peter Stormare, Gillian Anderson, Kristin Chenowith, and Crispin Glover

Steve Yun posted:

Btw it feels like "ancient gods down on their luck and barely scraping by" was an idea Gaiman had in Sandman and decided to explore more fully with a whole book. In Sandman, Ishtar was a fertility goddess who turned into a pole dancer due to her lack of worshippers. I think Kevin Smith might've ripped that one off for Dogma as well.

It's a loving great premise, so kudos to them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Yup, love the gently caress out of this. Cloris Leachman can do no wrong.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They cast some dude called Jeremy Davies on the show.

This is his actual wikipedia picture:

And Dickie loving Bennett

God this show has great casting.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

gently caress me that opening was incredible.

Czernobog and Zorya are amazing as well.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

That was the best episode of the season and completely divergent from the book. loving loved it and died laughing at everything with the arm and the toilet.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

In case you all wanted to know what town Neil Gaiman saw that Vulcan statue in, it was Birmingham Alabama. There's a relatively weird history associated with the statue too, since the Italian artist gave him a loincloth that didn't cover his rear end and the pearl clutching southerners found it too titillating to be placed in the center of town as originally planned:

http://porterbriggs.com/meet-vulcan-the-bare-bottomed-mascot-of-birmingham/

• Locked thread