Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I kinda imagined him as ray Charles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I recall Jesus was only mentioned in passing as not being the most popular figure in Palestine, maybe?

Also I thought the Shadow Gaiman had envisioned was pre huge Dwayne Johnson

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

are there any plans to also adapt the short story sequels of "Shadow goes to a nice place and terrible things happen"? Monarch of the Glen, and the one in the nice british village and Bast

i mean, they should also adapt anansi boys too

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

oh yeah, i thought they would actually do the whole blood eagle viking vigil thing in the beginning - which would be really rad when paired with Shadow's lynching at the end. maybe that would be a little too violent

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i think the scene (and all the home scenes, being replaced by an electronic shuffler) is meant to show how empty Laura is and she's like, oh a hot dude wanna gently caress? why not. the rest of the show hits you very unsubtly how she feels like a complete nothing person

also everything between audrey and laura was amazing. Certainly didn't expect how great it was going to be.

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 22, 2017

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

honestly i'm p stoked that both Shadow and Laura have way more personality than their counterparts in the book

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i personally don't like the comic being published by Dark Horse right now (lots of tells instead of show, muted watercolours for a series full of gods and monsters), but sometimes it hits the correct notes and I'm wondering how the series will deal with this dream sequence:

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 23, 2017

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i think i missed it, but is that meant to be yggdrssil in the police station or is that meant to be Mr Wood (the spooks in the book)?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

precision posted:

Mr Wood was working with Mr Town and Mr World so I'm pretty sure it was the World Tree, yeah

get it

WORLD TREE

take me to the darkness now mr jacquel

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Lol so that's how they are ending at The house on the rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Medullah posted:

One of them even has a baby dinosaur might be my favorite line in the series. So drat on point.

please someone upload a screencap of this, i may have missed it because of the so many jesuses and of course asian jesus is in a nice suit

• Locked thread