Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
I always pictured him as kind of a Vin Diesel guy, but with darker skin. I like Ricky Whittle a lot more, he killed it in this first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

Somehow Orlando Jones, Peter Stormare, and Cloris Leachman were even more awesome than anticipated. Also loved Shadow's Strange Fruit line.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

If I had known the subject of this week's episode, I would have said I didn't care about it. So of course I wound up finding it the most engrossing ep so far. Also nice to get some more time with Ibis and Jaquel.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

DentD posted:

Yeah nah, Gaiman. I liked this episode but I really don't like or sympathize with Laura just because I saw more of her life.

I didn't really care much for Laura in the books, but I don't disagree with Gaiman here. When we first hear about Laura, it's about how she cheated on Shadow, but then this episode makes that less of a betrayal of him (though it is that) and more of a symptom of a bigger problem that preceded him. Same with the robbery gone wrong. It's infuriating when she does it because we know how it's going to end up, but she's not in a good place and their lives aren't free from the gods' interference, anyway. I didn't find her a great person in this episode, but I did find her relatable and more likable. Or less unlikable. Whichever.

I do disagree with Gaiman's statement that she doesn't need to atone for anything, however.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

It is odd, but Fuller and Green have talked about the book being a bit of a sausage party before and seem to be trying to adjust that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

Interesting variation on the weekly dick this episode.

• Locked thread