Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They cast some dude called Jeremy Davies on the show.

This is his actual wikipedia picture:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Aardark posted:

You can upload a different picture. It's an encyclopaedia that anyone can edit.

Can you guess his character on the show?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

DentD posted:

Sorry, I see how my words have been hurtful.

Too late. My boyfriends and I will never forgive you.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Wizchine posted:

I've never understood why there's a need on this forum - whether it's with books, films, trailers, whatever - to classify such a large percentage of stuff as "bad". When I see the line parroted multiple times that American Gods is "bad", I have to say I've read bad - I know bad. American Gods is not "bad." I mean, if you truly believe so, thank your lucky stars that you've somehow missed the huge swaths of truly awful dreck that's been written.

The LA Times TV Guide used to rate movies from one to four stars. Two stars had the description, "flawed, has moments." I always thought that was a good way to classify stuff that wasn't great, but wasn't bad. "Bad" is the one-star poo poo.

No, it's actually rather bad. It's more than 'flawed,' its writing is dull, plot uninteresting, and it's a failure in its conception of American faith and folklore

e:

Zaphod42 posted:

Also there's no way its worse written than anything pre-20th century. Old school writing, with the sole exception of Shakespeare (because he was writing plays, not books) is so loving painfully dry.

loving lol

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 4, 2017

• Locked thread