Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle the Loki/Mr. World reveal in the show. I wonder if Crispin Glover is going to have a similar accent or style of speech to Jonathan Tucker, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

If you squint, there's juussst enough of a resemblance between the two that they might be able to do something cool with mirrors or something

That'd be pretty cool. I have faith in the creative team that they'll be able to tease it somehow, otherwise it's a huge waste.

Also, did anybody catch the shadow of a falcon flying across the car and think it was a quick tease of Horus, or am I just imagining that?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

precision posted:

That pretty much solidifies that the show will go well into Anansi Boys/AG2 territory, I really can't imagine them doing 5 seasons without even more padding than we've already gotten.

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/862783734432624641

To me that sounds like Anansi Boys or any new material would take the show past five seasons.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

precision posted:

Egyptian Gods weren't in the novel at all, aside from Bast, IIRC. And Bast = cats so it's pretty clear how she's still here.

e: forgot Ibis and Jacquel, funeral parlor dudes. And her cat is definitely supposed to be Bastet.

Horus plays a pretty important part at the end.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

In this episode Mad Sweeney calls him Wotan but that still might be too obscure for some people.

Czernobog called him Wotan too, so from pretty early on we have several characters not calling him Wednesday, but not referring to him as Odin either.

Fantastic episode. I'm still in awe at how spot-on the casting has been. Give me Gillian Anderson ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

The recent radio adaptation was pretty good, and had a phenomenal cast. Worth taking a look at IMO.

• Locked thread