Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches
It looks like Bilquis and her victim got updated in a similar but more subtle way than Technical Boy. In the book she's a sex worker, he's a john and he's kind of an rear end in a top hat, not a middle-aged divorcee getting back into the dating scene. The idea of a predatory woman going on Tinder and targeting a poor lonely dude who just wants to be loved is reminiscent of the things Red Pill types believe in. And most stories about gods have some element of "the belief shapes the god" so even though her origin is a millenia-old half-demon, she could have been changed somewhat by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches

Mameluke posted:

I hope Media at one point takes on the guise of late-90s icon Dana Scully

I choose to believe Gillian Anderson exists in-universe and Media has chosen to look like her.

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches

Steve Yun posted:

Here is my spoilery review, mouse over at your own risk:

dong dong dong dong dong dong dong dong dong :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:
dong dong dong dong dong dong dong dong dong
dong dong dong dong dong dong dong dong dong
dong dong dong dong dong dong dong dong
dong dong dong
dong dong dong
dong dong dong
dong dong

Thinking about a kitten's comment about Bast and cat videos, plus Bilquis using online dating, it does look like they're going for a theme of old gods using new technology, maybe setting up a conflict of interest in the war. In theory Anansi could be another example given cell cameras and social media being utilized civil rights activists. They're not pulling any punches when it comes to racism in America so it wouldn't surprise me if they address this in-story.

• Locked thread