Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

a kitten posted:

Gonna nab this quote from the other thread.

Pictures of Media, spoiled because i have no idea what the spoiler policy regarding upcoming stuff from the show (as opposed to book foreknowledge) is.

:stwoon:

After how amazing Gillian Anderson was in Hannibal I am so looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Before I started reading the book I had stumbled on Gaimen's blog post about his dream casting for Shadow being Vin Diesel so I just sort of let that inform my image. All the race questions kind of made sense since I always got those too growing up, and they were always the stupidest guesses.

In the 00s the most common fan-casting I remember was Malcolm McDowell as Wednesday and Vin Diesel as Shadow. Then when HBO was going to make the show in 2013 it was Tom Hanks' company producing it and presumably he would be playing Wednesday.

I know we're only one episode in, but so far I'm glad we got Ian McShane.

Steve Yun posted:

Man I enjoy having several Jesusi, but your idea of a schizophrenic Black Swan Jesus is so good too

The idea that a man who heard voices in his head and had violent mood swings between preaching peace and attacking people in a rage was schizophrenic is just absurd.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This episode was loving incredible. Easily the best of the series so far and totally selling me as a roadmap of what a longer-form version of this story will be like and how the new gods Fuller and his crew are creating will work. I can't wait for this episode to air!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

Yeah but if you're that kind of American then this show is already going to offend you, which is why I find it specifically strange that they would bother with fake dicks. It's as weird to me, as someone who is not afraid of dicks, as it would be if films and shows had topless women wear prosthetic breasts that looked just like their normal breasts (though maybe larger).

They use fake genitals for consistency and because they film better. Trying to blame it on puritanical America is dumb because it's what literally everyone does, the lesbian sex scene in Blue Is the Warmest Color also used fake labias.

• Locked thread