Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

In the book Laura saved Shadow from the Agency, not the Technical Boy's goons. But I can't think of anyone else who it would have been in this.

Also I thought the Coming to America story about the girl who was sentenced to transportation wasn't about Mad Sweeny. She was Cornish, not Irish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Yeah but I seem to recall it mentioned the man in her story having a Cornish accent, which Sweeny doesn't.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just looked it up:

quote:

He squinted down at her, and she squinted right back up at him, searching his moon-face for a clue to his identity. He looked as young as one of her own grandchildren, yet he had called her by her old name, and there was a burr in his voice she knew from her childhood, from the rocks and the moors of her home.

“You’re a Cornishman?” she asked.

“That I am, a Cousin Jack,” said the red-haired man. “Or rather, that I was, but now I’m here in this new world, where nobody puts out ale or milk for an honest fellow, or a loaf of bread come harvest time.”

So I don't think it's Sweeney.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Avasculous posted:

Sweeney killed the lynch mob. I don't know it's going to fit in the story- if anything, Laura would make a lot more sense.

But there's a quick shot in Trailer 2 of Sweeney swinging a machete in the rain at night, cleaving a technical boy goon in half.

Edit- Actually, maybe I'm wrong. It's at 0:26:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbPdUEQanAo

Sweeney swings something at night (but no rain?), and then a technical goon being cleaved in half, with rain.

I don't think it was Sweeney. That's just a trailer, the clips they cut together don't have to actually follow the plot. And as you said there was no rain. If it was Sweeney, why hide it?

• Locked thread