Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yet another clip from episode 6 showing a god I posted earlier

Laffo @ Vulcan hanging out with a militia group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo. I was completely floored by what happened in the Coming to America segment after what we saw in the YouTube clip.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Democratic Pirate posted:

Casting PewDiePie as techno god would have been some sweet meta poo poo.

Didn't PewDiePie get in trouble for sponsoring racially insensitive stunts recently, and it led to his YouTube show being cancelled? I wonder how much of the adaptations to Tech Boy were inspired by that

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Is it just me, or was the decapitation horribly directed? Bad editing, camera work, nonexistent special effects

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I'm not clear on how Wednesday knew Vulcan sold him out.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Clips time! Don't click if you don't want minor spoilers

Some poo poo about a thief

Some poo poo about leprechauns

Some poo poo about ambition

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I'd like to think they were related. The mom was played by the same actress as Old Essie, which suggested some sort of lineage of similar looking women.

Also I'd like to point out that the music selection was amazing this episode.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

I'd like to think they were related. The mom was played by the same actress as Old Essie, which suggested some sort of lineage of similar looking women.

Alternate take: in reality Essie actually looks nothing like Laura, but is played by Emily Browning because Laura reminds Sweeney of Essie, and maybe these scenes are from his point of view and his memories.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jun 12, 2017

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

SiKboy posted:

Cousin Jack is either the faeries name or type in the book, I'm not that up on cornish mythology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker_(folklore)

quote:

In the 1820s, immigrant Welsh miners brought tales of the knockers and their theft of unwatched items and warning knocks to western Pennsylvania, when they gravitated there to work in the mines. Cornish miners, much sought after in the years following the gold and silver rushes, brought them to California and Nevada.[1] When asked if they had relatives who would come to work the mines, the Cornish miners always said something along the lines of "Well, me cousin Jack over in Cornwall wouldst come, could ye pay ’is boat ride", and so came to be called Cousin Jacks.[2] The Cousin Jacks, as notorious for losing tools as they were for diving out of shafts just before they collapsed, attributed this to their diminutive friends and refused to enter new mines until assured by the management that the knockers were already on duty. Even non-Cornish miners, who worked deep in the earth where the noisy support timbers creaked and groaned, came to believe in the Tommyknockers.[3] The American interpretation of knockers seemed to be more ghostly than elvish

This is cool stuff.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Here come the minor spoiler youtubes

There were more Jesuses than we were led to believe

Media as Judy Garland

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 16, 2017

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I could be wrong but it looks like there's another White Jesus, and he wears polos and khakis

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

coyo7e posted:

every one of those guys was Jesus

yes but I was under the assumption that there would only be one Jesus per race because of the casting that we found out a couple weeks ago, and now it looks like maybe we're getting two white Jesuses

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
MORE JESUSES CLIPS:

Easter toasts Jesus

Easter makes an amazing joke about Jehovah's Witnesses

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 17, 2017

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Another clip

Innuendoh boy

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
That was kind of an underwhelming episode. The story tried to juggle too many balls and didn't quite keep it together, the CG was noticeably inferior compared to the other episodes, Judy Garland was not fun at all. Meh.

Edit: I should walk that back a little. The Bilquis stuff was well done, it was just at the House on the Rock that the CG started to look bad and the storytelling got clumsy

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 18, 2017

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

April posted:

In the first few minutes, when Anansi said "I'm going to tell you a story" I was all like OH YES IT'S MOTHERFUCKING TIGER BALLS TIME!!!!

The Bilquis stuff was beautifully done, but it was no tiger balls. :colbert:

I have not read the book what is the Tiger Balls oh wait I have google wtf am I thinking

Holy poo poo how the gently caress are they going to do this on screen hahahaha

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
FOURTEEN JESUSES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Here's your screencap

• Locked thread