Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Starz or whatever is pretty liberal about nudity, like Spartacus was... insanely penis heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Escape Addict posted:

Gillian Anderson looks great as Media. Can't wait for that!

Apparently it's not a long wait, she's said to be in ep 2, which means more of her generally.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 3, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh Cloris Leachman, you can ruin my stew anyday :allears:

angerbot fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 5, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just watched the episode, there is no part of that I did not like.

Mr. Nancy is different than I pictured him (and is written) but Orlando was excellent. Love the tiny little spider dreads.

I can forgive the Bilquis thing as they seem to be building towards something and she was never much of a character to begin with.

The whole Slavic gods business could not feasibly have been better, I don't see how it could be possible.

I am optimistic about the future of this series, though I wonder if stretching it out is really a good idea.

e: Media is perfect. Could not be better.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 8, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

precision posted:

e: Gaiman and Pratchett both do the "Mr. Pin and Mr. Tulip" trope a lot too, and it was cool to see that trope show up in Preacher last season

I mean Maiden/Mother/Crone is a pretty standard trope, Pratchett uses it with the Witches a lot.

There's also the one about how women do the birth and death aspects of life, Gaiman and Pratchett use both a lot.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't see how this adaptation could better tbqh, I am loving this series

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Gillian Anderson as Bowie you guys, I just... It's perfect. Such contempt for the technical boy, she's been doing it better for longer.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I was a little nerd mad about them touching one of my books but this is surprising good

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Didn't Neverwhere start off as a shoe before becoming a book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Gaiman tended to do more with Japanese mythology than Chinese IIRC (not that he couldn't interpret whatever) but in Sandman Susanoo-no-Mikoto and Loki had an altercation as Loki is not keen on thunder gods, for obvious reasons.

• Locked thread