Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Mods please change the thread title to say United instead of Arsenal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

pik_d posted:

Mods please change the thread title to say United instead of Arsenal

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
One win doesn't make them less of a laughing stock. If they win the coveted 4th place trophy, then maybe.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
In the last fortnight Arsenal have beat City and United :shrug:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

In the last fortnight Arsenal have beat City and United :shrug:

It's the annual last gasp push for the 4th place trophy.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Can anyone tell me what happened to Rooney in the past couple of years? I haven't watched much football the last 2-3 years and now he's dogshit apparently. He's not even that old yet.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

UnfurledSails posted:

Can anyone tell me what happened to Rooney in the past couple of years? I haven't watched much football the last 2-3 years and now he's dogshit apparently. He's not even that old yet.

He's got a lot of miles on his body, never took particularly good care of himself, and was never the sort of player who would be able to play at the highest level after he lost a step.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

UnfurledSails posted:

His game always relied on his athletic ability and then he got fat.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

Fat, smokes a pack a day, doesn't train hard, lost about three yards of pace in the last two years.

I'm not defending him but saying he's not that old isn't totally true in footballing mileage terms. He's been playing 40+ matches a season for the past fifteen years. Remember that he was starting for Everton when he was 16.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm pretty sure the polite applause he gets when he plays that crossfield pass to the right-back is a recording they play over the speakers.

He would struggle to get into most PL sides these days. The media still adores him, though, so one good game in twenty and suddenly he's world class again.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

sassassin posted:

He would struggle to get into most PL sides these days. The media still adores him, though, so one good game in twenty and suddenly he's world class again.

Is that really true though? I think his accomplishments are respected but the relief when he was not named in the last England squad was notable.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

UnfurledSails posted:

The Irish are primitive potatovores and age much faster than normal humans

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
rip boro

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

were they ever alive?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

JohnCompany posted:

were they ever alive?

They were shite, without even providing the comedy of Sunderland.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
gently caress off boro haha, bunch of boring cunts :byewhore: never come back

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Guzan got megged on every goal, back-to-back relegations, helloooooo Atlanta United

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

im sad for the good boro posters itf but not sad for their boring rear end team

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Frankly, I'm surprised Calum Chambers wasn't enough to keep them up.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I said that Boro signing a bunch of washed up stars wouldn't keep them up, and hell, I was right.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Bogan Krkic posted:

im sad for the good boro posters itf but not sad for their boring rear end team

Yeah I'm sad for the boro posters too.... sad they support a boring rear end fail club of poo poo haha :twisted:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm only sad that Boro are going down because it means we can't get rid of Swansea and Hull at the same time

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I really want Crystal Palace to be the third team to go down but I dunno if that's still possible????

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Bogan Krkic posted:

I really want Crystal Palace to be the third team to go down but I dunno if that's still possible????

Yup. Hull need to win over Palace next, and hope Spurs have properly imploded for their final game.
Palace have Manure away for their last, so a loss is possible there. Whom am I kidding smells a boring 0-0 draw from far away.
Swansea also need to win against either WBA or Blunderland, which is likely.

tl;dr 40% chance of Palace going down. Hinges on Spurs having a mental breakdown, and getting hosed by Hull in their next game

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

lol at Middlesbrough for buying a bunch of villa players and getting relegated. I'm not sure what they were expecting??

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/861703391025737729

:stonkhat:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Sounds about right IMHO.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

That's the tough-negotiating Manchester United we all know and love

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

lol at Middlesbrough for buying a bunch of villa players and getting relegated. I'm not sure what they were expecting??

Jordan Ayew's been decent.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
When Juventus signed Pogba from United they gave Raiola part ownership of the player. This is very common in South America but still occurs from time to time in Europe, Joorabchian for example with Tevez and Mascherano. Anyway that's why Raiola got such a big pay day, Juventus had to give him a massive chunk of the £89m United paid. This was all reported at the time though so idk why it's suddenly a 'leaked story'.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 9, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lot 49 posted:

his was all reported at the time though so idk why it's suddenly a 'leaked story'.

It seems like the "leaked" amount is a lot more than what was reported last year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Raiola is a piece of poo poo and should be killed imo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Raiola is a piece of poo poo and should be killed imo.

He is and he should.

There are a lot of rumbling going on about a power struggle at Arsenal. Gazidis supposedly wants Wenger to Walk and wants to hire a director of football. Wengy wants to stay without a director of football. Personally, I assume they're waiting to announce Wengy's new deal, but lol if Arsenal actually haven't figured out whether Wenger will their manager next season and who will be replacing him if he leaves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/09/premier-league-destroying-game-efl-starving-accrington-chairman-andy-holt

nice meltdown

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Who?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Uh this is the premier league thread not the minnows literally nobody cares about thread thanks.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

vyelkin posted:

That's the tough-negotiating Manchester United we all know and love

:rolleyes:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
owning black people: the most profitable trade then, now *ric flair voice* forever

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The premier league's

quote:

We will be writing to Mr Holt to ask him if he wishes for the Premier League to continue the support we currently provide for his and other clubs in the EFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

britishbornandbread posted:

Is that really true though? I think his accomplishments are respected but the relief when he was not named in the last England squad was notable.

Wayne Rooney: Man Utd forward 'most under-appreciated player in England'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39880891

• Locked thread