Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If chelsea win their next 2 games they'll have won more games than any other premier league team ever and be second on most points. They've got sunderland and watford at home lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Remember when Chelsea were poo poo at the start of the season? Seems a lifetime ago.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Still B.A.E posted:

Remember when Chelsea were poo poo at the start of the season? Seems a lifetime ago.

Remember when everyone was talking about pep revolutionising english football and winning every game by 5 goals. poo poo hes so boring not even I can get motivated to poo poo on him.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
It was a pretty interesting decision to attempt to win the league without a goalkeeper.

Also zaba's off at the end of the season :smith:

Eau de MacGowan fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 14, 2017

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

is he no good anymore, i haven't been following city. love the man

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Byolante posted:

Remember when everyone was talking about pep revolutionising english football and winning every game by 5 goals. poo poo hes so boring not even I can get motivated to poo poo on him.

It was all about Manchester back then. Who was going to win the battle between the fraud manager and the past-his-sell-by-date manager? I think fans of the other 18 clubs should be thankful they've been able to share in the same league as those purveyors of such scintillating football, OP.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pardew is really bad :agreed:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone have proof that Pochettino was in England yesterday because this happened in Norway and I can only think of one culprit

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Don't Clement and Silva have top half form for the same period?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
How many seasons has it been since neither relegation nor title were decided on the last day?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Probably "Aguerooooooooooo" for the title

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Probably "Aguerooooooooooo" for the title

That was definitely decided on the last day, I'm wondering when neither were decided on the last day.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Technically the season Liverpool lost the title. Going into the last day of the season we still could have won the title if city lost

Edit. Derp. I misread too

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 14, 2017

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

pik_d posted:

That was definitely decided on the last day, I'm wondering when neither were decided on the last day.

Oh sorry I misunderstood your question

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I would follow that man into battle any day (and also take on the agent of his choice).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Don't Clement and Silva have top half form for the same period?

i'm pretty sure their form shits all over palace's considering how much worse off they were

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Congratulations to popular Manchester United fan Oliwan, whose favorite Dutch team, Feyenoord, just won their first league title in 18 years.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Brony Car posted:

Congratulations to popular Manchester United fan Oliwan, whose favorite Dutch team, Feyenoord, just won their first league title in 18 years.

With a Dirk Kuyt hat trick to do it as well.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
What a man.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
loving hell I love dirk kuyt

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

So happy for him, how old is he now lol

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

pik_d posted:

How many seasons has it been since neither relegation nor title were decided on the last day?

last season, op

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

chuggo is BACK posted:

loving hell I love dirk kuyt
He's the best isn't he

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Blasmeister posted:

last season, op

Football is dead

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Vegetable posted:

is he no good anymore, i haven't been following city. love the man

He's just old and out of contract and Pep wants to bring in more central midfielders to play out of position. I'll be really sad to see him in another team's shirt

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Hoops posted:

He's the best isn't he

he is

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

He's just old and out of contract and Pep wants to bring in more central midfielders to play out of position. I'll be really sad to see him in another team's shirt

if pep could bring in a midfielder to play keeper he would

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Jason Sextro posted:

imo

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

PirateBob posted:

Anyway, it's not good for a super club like Manchester United to aspire to finish 4th, so that's why I'm happy that we are 6th and getting into the CL by winning a European final.
Man Utd aren't a super club, they are plucky underdogs fighting the good fight against the teams that have tipped the scales through money. Hopefully they win the league again one day, as its getting boring seeing the same teams win it every year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jason Sextro posted:

Better than Bravo

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I have argued that playing 11 outfield players might actually be an improvement on Bravo in goal

Anyway this lovely season has been improved today by United finishing below both City and Liverpool

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
If City had Dzeko, who has 50 goals this season for Roma, they'd have won the league by Christmas. Fact.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

African AIDS cum posted:

If City had Dzeko, who has 50 goals this season for Roma, they'd have won the league by Christmas. Fact.

......but they found Jesus!

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I watched the Liverpool game and thought they were very good. Coutinho played very well.

That's my EPL post, thanks.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

It was a good post, thank you.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Sad King Billy posted:

West Ham have become Liverpool's bogey team recently, more so that Palace, who they can defeat occasionally.

The best that Liverpool can hope for is a draw.

This post has aged poorly and I'm very happy about that.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
It's going to be sad seeing Danny sold to West Ham or Somesuch Club FC in the Summer. When he is on and able bodied, he is a treat to watch and a sad testament to how being made of paper mache can derail an attempt at being something great. That said, well chuffed that Klopp opted to drop Lucas to the bench and actually field a mid-field diamond with a real attacking intent. Preparing for the shock 2-2 Boro draw next week and revisit the "slip". :(

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
It's only top 4, if we bottle it it's nothing like as bad as the slip. Although please let's not bottle it against an already relegated side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hoops posted:

It's only top 4, if we bottle it it's nothing like as bad as the slip. Although please let's not bottle it against an already relegated side.

But they have Nothing to play for

• Locked thread